- Address: Stationsweg 166A, 2161 AM Lisse, Netherlands
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +31-252465555
- Ticket Price: 16 EUR
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Zoo, View Point, Cafe, Family And Kids, Nature, Windmill, Sculpture
It's hard to describe this garden's sheerly superlative features in words, so let's do it with numbers instead.
- The size is 79 acres.
- There are roughly 7,000,000 flower bulbs, planted annually.
- Flowers include tulips, hyacinths, daffodils, orchids, roses, carnations, irises, lilies, snow-whites, and crocus.
- The garden is open only for two months out of every year - late March - Late May.
- It receives over a million visitors in those two months.
- There are more than 20 flower shows.
- The flowers are provided by 100 different producers.
- There are 8 gardens in different styles here.
- There is a sculpture garden with 100 specimens.
- The garden was opened in 1949.
Adjacent to Keukenhof Castle, this garden, Queen of Gardens, is undisputedly one of the most beautiful in the world. There is no one style. There is an English landscape section. There is a historical flower section. In one corner there is a Japanese garden, and in another, a nature garden. It's almost frightening how utterly beautifully these are arranged. During open season, an unbelievable kaleidoscope of colors explodes across a canvas of bright green grass, shaded overhead by flowering trees. If there was ever a poster child for spring, this is it.
In the second half of April is the annual flower parade, always an enchanting sight. But there are also an additional 20 flower shows through the season. One of the most beautiful annual orchid shows is held at the Beatrix pavillion. This is also the site of the world's largest lily exhibit. You can buy flower bulbs outside the gardens.
There is a small petting zoo children will enjoy. They will also enjoy the windmill, the Miffy playground, and the pancakes at the cafe.
Keukenhof Travel Tips
- If you're coming from the airport for quick stop, leave your luggage at the airport.
- Wheelchair accessible, with parking for the disabled.
- Paid parking available.
- Buy your ticket well in advance to skip long queues.
Entrance Ticket Details For Keukenhof
- Ages 4-11: EUR 8
- Groups of 20-200: €13.50
- Park guide: €5.00
- Ticket counter closed at 6pm.
How to Reach Keukenhof
- Rented Car, Taxi, On Foot.
- Buses from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (bus line 858), Leiden (854) and Haarlem (850) stop here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lisse before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lisse and book an accommodation of your choice.
52.16% of people who visit Lisse include Keukenhof in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
55.56% of people start their Keukenhof visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Keukenhof
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Keukenhof
Keukenhof Reviews & Ratings
I shall be visiting the Keukenhof with Shearings coaches, on 27th April. I have a painful left leg, & wonder whether I could book a wheelchair to borrow during my visit? Thank you, Muriel Warburton.Answer Report Abuse
I will like to see the Gardens.I am in Arizona and can not see them.. Will love to enjoy them.Answer Report Abuse
When is the best time to see the tulips in bloomAnswer Report Abuse
Is it wheelchair assessibleAnswer Report Abuse
Yes, Keukenhof in Lisse is wheelchair accessible. You may rent a wheelchair directly at the garden.Report Abuse