This is a fascinating museum, detailing the history of these lands, and how the tulip affected its growth, economy and society. It also explores the science behind how the flowers are bred, and how the flower has influenced art. The building in which the museum is housed used to be a tulip bulb storage facility. Inside, the museum looks more like someone's intimate personal studio gallery than it does an exhibition space. You will find drawings and photographs of tulips, and the tools old tulip harvesters used to work with. A particularly lovely exhibit explains the legend of the black tulip, how it drove the 17th century tulip mania, and why no such flower exists.
Museum De Zwarte Tulp Travel Tips
- Check out the museum shop and cafe.
- Guided in French, English, Italian, German and Dutch are to be booked in advance.
- Visits can be arranged outside of regular hours with an advance booking.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Parking available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Museum De Zwarte Tulp
- Students and Teachers: EUR 1
- Teenagers under 19: EUR 3
- Free for under 5.
Museum De Zwarte Tulp Hours
- Closed on BloemencorsoLisse day.
How to Reach Museum De Zwarte Tulp
- Rent a car, taxi, on foot.
- Buses from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (bus line 858), Leiden (854) and Haarlem (850) stop at the Keukenhoff Gardens.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lisse before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lisse and book an accommodation of your choice.
72.89% of people who visit Lisse include Museum De Zwarte Tulp in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
38.04% of people start their Museum De Zwarte Tulp visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Museum De Zwarte Tulp
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum De Zwarte Tulp