Old State House54 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 300 W Markham St, Little Rock, AR 72201, USA, United States Map
- Timings: 01:00 pm - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-5013249685
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids
While the State Capitol Building of Arkansas serves as a house of the state government, the honour previously belonged to the Old State House Museum building. This building was constructed in the early 19th century when Arkansas achieved its statehood. It was constructed in the Greek Revival style of architecture to subtly put an emphasis on the democratic status of the state. After the government houses shifted into the new building, the Old State House served as the location of the Arkansas School of Medical Sciences. This school achieved global recognition for the research done to discover anti-hookworm and malaria experiments. The State House served other purposes like a war memorial, home of the state police and several other organisations. In 1947, the building was made into a museum by a legislation act. Collections here are dedicate to the African-American history of the state, battle flags of the civil War, Clinton’s Presidential campaign, the governors of Arkansas, medicines, maps and even textiles.
Old State House Travel Tips
- Guided tours are available on the hour.
- Groups of 10 and more need prior reservation.
Old State House Hours
- Second Friday of every month : 9am to 8pm.
How to Reach Old State House
- Light Rail Station : Markham & Spring
- Bus stop : 2nd & Center
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Little Rock before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Little Rock and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Old State House Address: 300 W Markham St, Little Rock, AR 72201, USA, United States
- Old State House Contact Number: +1-5013249685
- Old State House Timing: 01:00 pm - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Old State House(preferred time): 01:00 pm - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Old State House: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
9.38% of people who visit Little Rock include Old State House in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
57.69% of people start their Old State House visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Old State House
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Old State House
People normally club together Arkansas State Capitol and Little Rock River Market while planning their visit to Old State House.