How to Reach Liverpool
How to reach Liverpool
HOW TO GET TO LIVERPOOL
- By Air: There are direct flights available to the Liverpool John Lennon Airport which is connected to major cities from all over the world. Use the airport link services to reach the city from the John Lennon Airport. Another airport- Manchester airport is located at an hour drive from Liverpool and has good train connectivity to reach the city.
- By Train: Frequent trains connect the city to York, Birmingham, Nottingham, London, Manchester and Leeds with a maximum travel time of 2 hours 30 minutes. Manchester is the closest and needs 30 minutes to reach by train.
- By Boat: Ferries are available from Douglas(3 hours journey) while ferries from Belfast and Dublin require an 8 hours journey to reach the city.
- By Coach: Manchester (1 hour journey) runs an hourly coach system to Norton street in Liverpool while London is a 5 hours journey by coach from Liverpool.
- Rent a Car: If you have an International Driver’s licence, then rent a car in England to explore the nearby cities along with Liverpool.
HOW TO GET AROUND LIVERPOOL
- There are many local bus services which run all around the city and is a cheap way of getting around. The London One bus station and Queens Square bus station have a steady flow of busses. London One Bus station connects to the south of Liverpool while the Queens Square Bus station connects to the North of Liverpool.
- Most buses with numbers ending with ‘A’ terminate at the Airport while buses with numbers ending in ‘E’ usually cover shorter distances of the route.
- Bus numbers ending with N are the Arriva night busses which operate Friday and Saturday night till 4.00 am and are expensive compared to the day busses.
By Train: The Liverpool Central railway lines is a preferred way to travel by locals. The railway connects to Southport, Chester, Kirkby, Birkenhead, West Kirby and Ormskirk and other places beyond Merseyside.
By Taxi: Black Hackney Taxis that run on meter are available. You can also hire taxi cabs by using telephone service that will charge you for the distance covered along with a receipt provided for the same.
Modes of Transportation in Liverpool
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Liverpool. The most preferred mode of transport in Liverpool is Car.
Average distance: 26.74 km Average time: 51 min
Car 54.55%Driving 45 min Overall average time for 34.73 kms 45 min
Bike 9.09%Bike 60 min Overall average time for 32.19 kms 60 min
Walking 18.18%Walking 57.5 min Driving 16 min Overall average time for 6.44 kms 73.5 min
Train/Metro 9.09%Train 21 min Walking 10 min Waiting 2 min Overall average time for 14 kms 33 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Weymouth
- How To Reach Llandudno
- How To Reach Cambridge
- How To Reach Nottingham
- How To Reach Winchester
- How To Reach Abbotsbury
- How To Reach Belfast
- How To Reach Bournemouth
- How To Reach Portsmouth
- How To Reach Reading
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach London
- How To Reach Edinburgh
- How To Reach Manchester
- How To Reach Bath
- How To Reach St Andrews
- How To Reach Bristol
- How To Reach Plymouth
- How To Reach Leeds
- How To Reach Southampton
- How To Reach Northampton