How to Reach Liverpool - The Easiest Way to Reach Liverpool
HOW TO GET TO LIVERPOOL
- By Air: There are direct flights available to the Liverpool John Lennon Airport which is connected to major cities from all over the world. Use the airport link services to reach the city from the John Lennon Airport. Another airport- Manchester airport is located at an hour drive from Liverpool and has good train connectivity to reach the city.
- By Train: Frequent trains connect the city to York, Birmingham, Nottingham, London, Manchester and Leeds with a maximum travel time of 2 hours 30 minutes. Manchester is the closest and needs 30 minutes to reach by train.
- By Boat: Ferries are available from Douglas(3 hours journey) while ferries from Belfast and Dublin require an 8 hours journey to reach the city.
- By Coach: Manchester (1 hour journey) runs an hourly coach system to Norton street in Liverpool while London is a 5 hours journey by coach from Liverpool.
- Rent a Car: If you have an International Driver’s licence, then rent a car in England to explore the nearby cities along with Liverpool.
HOW TO GET AROUND LIVERPOOL
- There are many local bus services which run all around the city and is a cheap way of getting around. The London One bus station and Queens Square bus station have a steady flow of busses. London One Bus station connects to the south of Liverpool while the Queens Square Bus station connects to the North of Liverpool.
- Most buses with numbers ending with ‘A’ terminate at the Airport while buses with numbers ending in ‘E’ usually cover shorter distances of the route.
- Bus numbers ending with N are the Arriva night busses which operate Friday and Saturday night till 4.00 am and are expensive compared to the day busses.
By Train: The Liverpool Central railway lines is a preferred way to travel by locals. The railway connects to Southport, Chester, Kirkby, Birkenhead, West Kirby and Ormskirk and other places beyond Merseyside.
By Taxi: Black Hackney Taxis that run on meter are available. You can also hire taxi cabs by using telephone service that will charge you for the distance covered along with a receipt provided for the same.
Are you looking for a Liverpool travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Liverpool
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Liverpool. The most preferred mode of transport in Liverpool is Car.
Average distance: 21.64 km Average time: 46.14 min
Car 46.67%Driving 42.86 min Overall average time for 32.63 kms 42.86 min
Bus/Trolleybus 13.33%Bus 16.5 min Waiting 7.5 min Walking 1 min Overall average time for 5.63 kms 25 min
Train/Metro 6.67%Train 21 min Walking 10 min Waiting 2 min Overall average time for 14 kms 33 min
Walking 20%Walking 53.33 min Driving 14.33 min Overall average time for 5.72 kms 67.67 min
Bike 6.67%Bike 60 min Overall average time for 32.19 kms 60 min
How to Reach Liverpool from Nearby Cities
|Bebington to Liverpool||13.06 km||13 mins|
|Ellesmere port to Liverpool||15.73 km||15 mins|
|Wirral to Liverpool||18.85 km||18 mins|
|St helens to Liverpool||19.73 km||19 mins|
|Runcorn to Liverpool||21.92 km||21 mins|
|Neston to Liverpool||22.7 km||22 mins|
|Chester to Liverpool||25.22 km||25 mins|
|Southport to Liverpool||27.37 km||27 mins|
|Wigan to Liverpool||33.98 km||33 mins|
|Warrington to Liverpool||35 km||35 mins|