Are you looking for what to do in Livorno?
PLACES TO SEE
- Sanctuary of Montenero (Santuario di Montenero): An 18th Century shrine dedicated to Our Lady of Grace is the most visited and is of religious importance! Pay your respects at the Basilica and then make sure you climb up to the top to get a glimpse of Livorno City – the view is stunning!
- Terrazza Mascagni: Stretched across the length of the sea, this terrace looks like a giant chess board. A visit to Livorno isn’t complete without visiting this top attraction in Livorno. Take a leisurely walk after lunch or late in the evening with that someone special, spend some time alone contemplating or spend your time here taking lot of pictures capturing memories!
- Cavallino Matto: It is the largest amusement park in the whole of Tuscany and its name literally translates to “The Crazy Little Horse”. There’s a ride for everyone here and also restaurant and a bar in case the hunger strikes. Visitors also have an option to carry a picnic basket along and enjoy their meal amid a forest.
- Central Market (Mercato Centrale): While in Livorno, pay a visit to its local market and get a glimpse of the Italian way. It has 30+ shops and 200+ shops that sell various items from poultry to ham, from wine to cheese and fresh fruit and vegetables!
- Museo Provinciale Storia Naturale: Housed in Villa Henderson since late 1900s, this museum is home to administrative offices and has interesting exhibitions like Hall of Man, Geopaleontology (area’s geology), a section dedicated to anatomy of vertebrates as well as sections on wildlife and plants in the region.
Apart from the attractions listed, some of the places worth exploring are –
- Port of Livorno
- Ardenza & Antignano
- Piazza dei Domenicani
- Piccola Venezia
- Shopping in Livorno is an exciting affair with various products available from designer to antiques and from swanky malls to street markets. Have a look at Studio Zero Vetro for some exquisite jewellery, get a taste of Livorno’s traditional drink Poncino at Bar del Caffè in the Central Market and the glasses to drink Poncino in – ponce glasses! Go explore!
- Antiques Market: If you are an antiques lover or just want to have a look at the collection, then head to Antiques Market every third Saturday and Sunday of the month – you might find yourself to be in love with the antiques! Dates for 2015 -14/15th February, 14/15th March, 18/19th April, 16/17th May, 20/21st June, 18/19th July, 15/16th August, 19/20th September, 17/18th October, 14/15th November, 19/20th December. It is a 45 minutes’ drive from Livorno to Lucca.
- Livorno is blessed with pulsating nightlife with pubs and bars suiting various moods and age groups. Some of the joints worth exploring are Astragalo, Ex Cinema Aurora, Sopravento, The Bad Elf Pub etc.
Below we have a list of things to do in Livorno and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Livorno getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Livorno with confidence.