If the Renaissance period in the history fascinates you, Ljubljana will let you experience it through its majestic beauty. This beautiful charming city, nestled at the center of Europe has an aura of its own which can put you in a trance even after leaving the city. In recent times, tourism in Ljubljana has reached a remarkable level. All credit goes to the inexpensive flights from the United Kingdom for making this city a popular destination in Europe. This has in turn led to many restaurants and hotels to open their doors. Now, even the tourism officials of this city can proudly compare this city to Prague or Budapest.
If you locate Ljubljana on a world map it might look very small; but the countless mysteries that wrap up the city deserve to be unwrapped and explored. For that, you don’t need to hop from one place to another. Walk around and every corner of the winding streets will come up with a new historical story in the form of landmarks, buildings, museums, bridges and so on. For instance, the dragons of the Dragon Bridge in Ljubljana do look fiery, but it also has a story that describes its existence. On the other hand, the Ljubljana castle lets you revisit the prehistoric age of the city.
The city’s charm doesn’t end over here. The colorful events that the city hosts throughout the year attracts tourist from different corners of the world. Come in summer and the series of events will let you feel the energetic vibe of the city. Whether you are looking for options to spend fun time with kids or wish to hear music from different genre, the series of summer events in Ljubljana lets you get the true essence of the city from every way.
So, what are you waiting for? Start planning for your next trip to Ljubljana and enjoy a memorable journey for your vacation.
Essential travel information and Ljubljana tips for your visit
- UTC/ GMT
- Their official currency is Euro (€)
Electricity and Internet
- Voltage: 230 V; Frequency: 50Hz; Power Sockets: Type F
- For internet , free Wi-Fi access are available in the hotels.
- Slovenian; English is another common language the locals speak.
- Avoid walking on desolate dark streets or park at night; take care of your valuables
- Emergency numbers - 122 – fire brigade, 128 – gas-related emergency, 133 – police, 140 – mountain rescue, 141 – doctors, 142 – telephone counselling, 144 – rescue/ambulance, 47 – emergency services for children and young people.
- Exploring Ljubljana on Bicycle one of the best ways to learn about the city.
- Boat tour on the Ljubljanica River is also there.
- If you are hiring a taxi via online, the fare comes at a much lower rate as compare to the ones waiting on the street. Hiring these road side taxis might make you pay €25 for a short trip.
- To ride city buses, you need to buy an Urbana card.
- When you take a bus, do not grab the front seat as it for physically disabled people, old people and individuals with young children.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Ljubljana
Save 4%Ljubljana Airport Arrival Private Car Transfer
1 Hr11 Reviews
Save 7%Top Ljubljana culinary walking - small group - tour
4 Hrs64 Reviews
Save 8%Postojna Cave and Castle Small-Group Day Tour from Ljubljana
5 Hrs 30 Mins9 Reviews
Save 7%Private Tour: Lake Bled & Ljubljana from Koper
7 Hrs1 Reviews
Save 8%Ljubljana and Lake Bled Full-Day Private Tour from Zagreb
12 Hrs1 Reviews