How to Reach Ljubljana
HOW TO GET TO LJUBLJANA
- By Air: Joze Pucnik Airport, also known as Brnik Airport, is the nearest airport to Ljubljana. From the airport public buses and minibuses are available to reach Ljubljana main bus and train station. Other airlines that serve flights to and from Ljubljana are Adria Airways, Czech Airlines, EasyJet, Finnair, Jet Airways and Turkish Airlines.
- By Bus: Bus station Ljubljana serves throughout Slovenia and also to foreign countries. These buses can also take you to most of the tourist attractions of Ljubljana. Check the schedule before boarding any bus.
- By Train: Ljubljana is said to be the hub of the rail system for Slovenia. Local trains from the main Ljubljana station runs throughout the country. The fastest train is the one that runs between Koper to Maribor via Ljubljana. Local trains are also there that stops at every station.
- By Car: if you wish to visit the remote regions of Ljubljana, hiring a car is the best option.
HOW TO GET AROUND LJUBLJANA
- By City Bus: There are nearly 26 bus lines operated by the city’s transportation authority that runs in every 5 to 10 minutes. Most of these buses operate from 5am – 10:30pm. To ride these buses, you need to buy an Urbana card.
- By Taxi: Taxis are available on hire to travel around the city.
- By Bicycle: If you wish to explore Ljubljana on bicycle, get one on rent from Slovenian.
- On Foot: The center of Ljubljana is small enough to explore on foot. You can just pick up a city map and explore the city in your own way.
Tourist Information Center, located beside the Central Market.