How to Reach Ljubljana, Slovenia
The Easiest Way to Reach Ljubljana
HOW TO GET TO LJUBLJANA
- By Air: Joze Pucnik Airport, also known as Brnik Airport, is the nearest airport to Ljubljana. From the airport public buses and minibuses are available to reach Ljubljana main bus and train station. Other airlines that serve flights to and from Ljubljana are Adria Airways, Czech Airlines, EasyJet, Finnair, Jet Airways and Turkish Airlines.
- By Bus: Bus station Ljubljana serves throughout Slovenia and also to foreign countries. These buses can also take you to most of the tourist attractions of Ljubljana. Check the schedule before boarding any bus.
- By Train: Ljubljana is said to be the hub of the rail system for Slovenia. Local trains from the main Ljubljana station runs throughout the country. The fastest train is the one that runs between Koper to Maribor via Ljubljana. Local trains are also there that stops at every station.
- By Car: if you wish to visit the remote regions of Ljubljana, hiring a car is the best option.
HOW TO GET AROUND LJUBLJANA
- By City Bus: There are nearly 26 bus lines operated by the city’s transportation authority that runs in every 5 to 10 minutes. Most of these buses operate from 5am – 10:30pm. To ride these buses, you need to buy an Urbana card.
- By Taxi: Taxis are available on hire to travel around the city.
- By Bicycle: If you wish to explore Ljubljana on bicycle, get one on rent from Slovenian.
- On Foot: The center of Ljubljana is small enough to explore on foot. You can just pick up a city map and explore the city in your own way.
Tourist Information Center, located beside the Central Market.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Ljubljana and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Ljubljana
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Ljubljana. The most preferred mode of transport in Ljubljana is Car.
Average distance: 14.32 km Average time: 28.97 min
Car 48.78%Driving 24.9 min Walking 1.45 min Waiting 0.25 min Overall average time for 19.73 kms 26.6 min
Walking 12.2%Walking 32 min Waiting 4 min Train 1.4 min Driving 1.4 min Bike 1 min Other 1 min Overall average time for 4.2 kms 40.8 min
Train/Metro 2.44%Train 58 min Bus 20 min Walking 8 min Waiting 1 min Overall average time for 60 kms 87 min
Bus/Trolleybus 17.07%Bus 18.29 min Waiting 6 min Walking 4.71 min Overall average time for 6.07 kms 29 min
Bike 9.76%Bike 11.5 min Overall average time for 2.95 kms 11.5 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Ljubljana
- How to reach Center District
- How to reach Brezovica Pri Ljubljani
- How to reach Dobrova
- How to reach Škofljica
- How to reach Želimlje
- How to reach Rob
- How to reach Štore
- How to reach Predstruge
- How to reach Zgornje Škofije
- How to Reach Top Cities in Slovenia
- How to reach Zaboršt
- How to reach Trenta
- How to reach Bovec
- How to reach Braslovče
- How to reach Laze V Tuhinju
- How to reach Slap
- How to reach Črenšovci
- How to reach Spodnja Korena
- How to reach Tišina
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Alleppey
- How to reach Southampton
- How to reach Mainz