How to Reach Ljubljana - The Easiest Way to Reach Ljubljana
HOW TO GET TO LJUBLJANA
- By Air: Joze Pucnik Airport, also known as Brnik Airport, is the nearest airport to Ljubljana. From the airport public buses and minibuses are available to reach Ljubljana main bus and train station. Other airlines that serve flights to and from Ljubljana are Adria Airways, Czech Airlines, EasyJet, Finnair, Jet Airways and Turkish Airlines.
- By Bus: Bus station Ljubljana serves throughout Slovenia and also to foreign countries. These buses can also take you to most of the tourist attractions of Ljubljana. Check the schedule before boarding any bus.
- By Train: Ljubljana is said to be the hub of the rail system for Slovenia. Local trains from the main Ljubljana station runs throughout the country. The fastest train is the one that runs between Koper to Maribor via Ljubljana. Local trains are also there that stops at every station.
- By Car: if you wish to visit the remote regions of Ljubljana, hiring a car is the best option.
HOW TO GET AROUND LJUBLJANA
- By City Bus: There are nearly 26 bus lines operated by the city’s transportation authority that runs in every 5 to 10 minutes. Most of these buses operate from 5am – 10:30pm. To ride these buses, you need to buy an Urbana card.
- By Taxi: Taxis are available on hire to travel around the city.
- By Bicycle: If you wish to explore Ljubljana on bicycle, get one on rent from Slovenian.
- On Foot: The center of Ljubljana is small enough to explore on foot. You can just pick up a city map and explore the city in your own way.
Tourist Information Center, located beside the Central Market.
Are you looking for a Ljubljana travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Ljubljana
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Ljubljana. The most preferred mode of transport in Ljubljana is Car.
Average distance: 12.9 km Average time: 28.59 min
Car 44%Driving 24.23 min Walking 1.41 min Waiting 0.23 min Overall average time for 18.84 kms 25.86 min
Walking 14%Walking 30.71 min Waiting 2.86 min Bike 2.86 min Driving 1 min Train 1 min Other 0.71 min Overall average time for 3.71 kms 39.14 min
Train/Metro 2%Train 58 min Bus 20 min Walking 8 min Waiting 1 min Overall average time for 60 kms 87 min
Bus/Trolleybus 20%Bus 20.9 min Waiting 5.4 min Walking 4.1 min Overall average time for 7.45 kms 30.4 min
Bike 12%Bike 13.5 min Overall average time for 3.05 kms 13.5 min
How to Reach Ljubljana from Nearby Cities
|Domžale to Ljubljana||13.45 km||13 mins|
|Celje to Ljubljana||86.83 km||1 hour 26 mins|
|Kranjska gora to Ljubljana||92.22 km||1 hour 32 mins|
|Salzburg to Ljubljana||248.56 km||4 hours 8 mins|
|Venice to Ljubljana||252.07 km||4 hours 12 mins|
|Aeroporto to Ljubljana||260.75 km||4 hours 20 mins|
|Vienna to Ljubljana||310.01 km||5 hours 10 mins|
|Bologna to Ljubljana||390.53 km||6 hours 30 mins|
|Munich to Ljubljana||395.18 km||6 hours 35 mins|
|Modena to Ljubljana||430.8 km||7 hours 10 mins|