If you wish to know about the contemporary history of Slovenia, this is the place you should visit. Housed in Cekin Mansion, the museum preserves every kind of documents and research work related to that particular period of Slovenian history. Along with its rich collection, the museum authorities also organize different exhibitions and educational programs for children and adults alike. The programs make the visitors think about the history. And if any programs create a query in your mind, feel free to get it clarified from the museum assistants.
National Museum Of Contemporary History Travel Tips
- The Knights Hall is available for private events like weddings, meetings, conference and other gatherings.
Entrance Ticket Details For National Museum Of Contemporary History
- School children, high school students, students, pensioners, groups of 10 or more people, Hostelling International card holders : €2.50
- Families: €8.00
- EJ!KARTICA European Youth Card holders: €1.25
- Members of the Union of Veterans of the War for Slovenia: €1.75
- Urbana Tourist Card: €2.10
- Ljubljana Tourist Card (ÃÃ…Â½iga Zois Foundation): €2.80
- Andragogical and Pedagogical Programme – workshops for preschool groups: €1.00
- Andragogical and Pedagogical Programme – workshops for school groups: €2.50
- On every first Sunday of the month; for preschool children, unemployed, people with disabilities, persons accompanying groups and those who present valid membership cards.
How to Reach National Museum Of Contemporary History
- By Car
- The museum is 1.5 kilometer away from the main bus station and railway station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ljubljana before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ljubljana and book an accommodation of your choice.
40.84% of people who visit Ljubljana include National Museum Of Contemporary History in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
33.91% of people start their National Museum Of Contemporary History visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see National Museum Of Contemporary History
93.18% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Museum Of Contemporary History