National Museum Of Contemporary History , Ljubljana
National Museum Of Contemporary History - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: Celovska cesta 23, Ljubljana 1001, Slovenia
Ticket Price: 4 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 6.2K times in trip plans
Museum, History Museum, Family And Kids
Explore TripHobo's day by day journey itinerary planner for a great trip
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Need more info?
About National Museum Of Contemporary History , Ljubljana
If you wish to know about the contemporary history of Slovenia, this is the place you should visit. Housed in Cekin Mansion, the museum preserves every kind of documents and research work related to that particular period of Slovenian history. Along with its rich collection, the museum authorities also organize different exhibitions and educational programs for children and adults alike. The programs make the visitors think about the history. And if any programs create a query in your mind, feel free to get it clarified from the museum assistants.
National Museum Of Contemporary History Information
- The Knights Hall is available for private events like weddings, meetings, conference and other gatherings.
National Museum Of Contemporary History Ticket Prices
- School children, high school students, students, pensioners, groups of 10 or more people, Hostelling International card holders : €2.50
- Families: €8.00
- EJ!KARTICA European Youth Card holders: €1.25
- Members of the Union of Veterans of the War for Slovenia: €1.75
- Urbana Tourist Card: €2.10
- Ljubljana Tourist Card (ÃÃ…Â½iga Zois Foundation): €2.80
- Andragogical and Pedagogical Programme – workshops for preschool groups: €1.00
- Andragogical and Pedagogical Programme – workshops for school groups: €2.50
- On every first Sunday of the month; for preschool children, unemployed, people with disabilities, persons accompanying groups and those who present valid membership cards.
How To reach National Museum Of Contemporary History by Public Transport
- By Car
- The museum is 1.5 kilometer away from the main bus station and railway station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ljubljana before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ljubljana and book an accommodation of your choice.
National Museum Of Contemporary History , Ljubljana Reviews
Nice little museum, interesting over view of last century. However, I enjoyed best guiding of temporary exhibiton by museum director. Very knowlegeable.
Very interesting. Detailed exhibiton which explains a lot.
Interesting museum documenting the rise of the young nation of Slovenia.
Very cheap and easily accessible, nice location.
Nice museum to spend two hours learning the reasons that brought Slovenia to indipendence from Jugoslavia.
All QuestionsNational Museum of Contemporary History
- Attractions near National Museum Of Contemporary History
- Zale Cemetery
- Slovenian Ethnographic Museum
- Museum Of Contemporary Art Metelkova
- Slovenian Railway Museum
- Brewery Museum
- National & University Library
- Univerza V Ljubljani, Biotehniska Fakulteta
- Old Square
- Ursuline Church Of The Holy Trinity
- Gostilna Na Gradu