National Museum Of Contemporary HistoryCurrently Closed
- Address: Celovska cesta 23, Ljubljana 1001, Slovenia
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +386-13009611
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, History Museum, Family And Kids
National Museum Of Contemporary History - Review
If you wish to know about the contemporary history of Slovenia, this is the place you should visit. Housed in Cekin Mansion, the museum preserves every kind of documents and research work related to that particular period of Slovenian history. Along with its rich collection, the museum authorities also organize different exhibitions and educational programs for children and adults alike. The programs make the visitors think about the history. And if any programs create a query in your mind, feel free to get it clarified from the museum assistants.
National Museum Of Contemporary History Information
- The Knights Hall is available for private events like weddings, meetings, conference and other gatherings.
National Museum Of Contemporary History Ticket Prices
- School children, high school students, students, pensioners, groups of 10 or more people, Hostelling International card holders : €2.50
- Families: €8.00
- EJ!KARTICA European Youth Card holders: €1.25
- Members of the Union of Veterans of the War for Slovenia: €1.75
- Urbana Tourist Card: €2.10
- Ljubljana Tourist Card (ÃÃ…Â½iga Zois Foundation): €2.80
- Andragogical and Pedagogical Programme – workshops for preschool groups: €1.00
- Andragogical and Pedagogical Programme – workshops for school groups: €2.50
- On every first Sunday of the month; for preschool children, unemployed, people with disabilities, persons accompanying groups and those who present valid membership cards.
How To reach National Museum Of Contemporary History by Public Transport
- By Car
- The museum is 1.5 kilometer away from the main bus station and railway station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ljubljana before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ljubljana and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting National Museum Of Contemporary History
95% of people who visit Ljubljana include National Museum Of Contemporary History in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
45.85% of people start their National Museum Of Contemporary History visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see National Museum Of Contemporary History
90.65% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Museum Of Contemporary History
National Museum Of Contemporary History Map
National Museum Of Contemporary History Trips
1 View11 Days 10 Nights11 Day Trip to Austria, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Slovenia from RiyadhBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Vienna, Prague, Interlaken, Ljubljana
National Museum Of Contemporary History , Ljubljana Reviews
This museum used to be a museum with strong political impact. In the recent years it lost a bit of this historical patina, but influence of the past regime is still in the air. Museum is interesting and worth visiting particularly for foreigners interested in socialism. I like the car in front of the museum.
Very good exhibition. Learnt a lot about Slovenian history, especially during WWII from this exhibition. Also loved the section which shows Slovenian history through the decades (the 70s toys & gadgets were very nostalgic!)
Hidden in the park tivoli, a pearl, interesting exhibition about 2. ww on slovenian teritory
Very interesting museum site also used as a conference venue, poor restrooms
Nice little museum, interesting over view of last century. However, I enjoyed best guiding of temporary exhibiton by museum director. Very knowlegeable.
All QuestionsNational museum of contemporary history
- Red Bush Enterprise Baptist Church
- Wild Cat Pay Lake
- David Mckenzie Log Cabin
- Camp Caleb
- Fathers House Of Prayer
- Farris Strip Airport
- Faucett Christian Church
- Sparta United Methodist Church
- Wallace Christian Church
- Faucett Baptist Church
- Littlevine Church
- Prospect Baptist Church
- Freewill Baptist Youth Camp
- First Baptist Church
- Nicasio Reservoir