Visit the largest and the oldest museum of Slovenia where you get an insight of the Slovenian culture. The museum was built in 1888 and is said to be the only building that was solely dedicated to preserve the rich heritage of Slovenia. The highlighted feature of the museum is the Roman monuments, tombstones and the milestones, placed right next to the entrance. The important attraction that might take your breath away is the Egyptian mummy that belongs to 5th or 6th century BC. Take a tour of the ground floor where you get to learn about the history of Slovenian currencies. Here, the museum displays some age old currencies made of bronze.
Other than these, the temporary exhibition showcases valuables from the Stone age to the Medieval age.
National Museum Of Solvenia Travel Tips
- The museum is accessible for wheelchair users.
- Photography is allowed without flash.
- Filming and photography with intention of further publication is allowed only with prior written permission.
- Public parking is available in the immediate vicinity of the museum. (Trg Republike)
Entrance Ticket Details For National Museum Of Solvenia
- Retired and pensioners - €4
- Students - €4
- Family - €12
- Groups of more than 10 - €4
- Free admission - pre-school children, journalists, members of the Slovenian Museum Society and members of ICOM.
- Free admission - each first Sunday in the month.
- Ticket price for guided tours, other ticket details, National Museum of Slovenia- Metelkova and Natural History Museum of Slovenia, visit the official website.
How to Reach National Museum Of Solvenia
- By bus and get off at Bleiweisova cesta.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ljubljana before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ljubljana and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.34% of people who visit Ljubljana include National Museum Of Solvenia in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
44.44% of people start their National Museum Of Solvenia visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see National Museum Of Solvenia
69.77% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Museum Of Solvenia