The Slovenian Museum Of Natural History99 Votes Currently Open
Housed in the same building with the National Museum, this Slovenian Museum of Natural History is equally an important place to see in Ljubljana. It deals with interesting subjects like natural history and science. The permanent exhibition of the museum features Zois Mineral Collection, Ferdinand J. Schmidt Insect collection, Hohenwart Molluscan and herbarium collection. People who are keenly interested in a subject like geology, this museum can be considered as an essential source for getting educated on it.
Apart from these fascinating collections, you also get to see giant skeletons of vertebrates. If you are with your kids, take them to check out their incredible collection of fishes, reptiles.
The Slovenian Museum Of Natural History Travel Tips
- The entrance for people in wheelchair is from Presernova Street.
- Cameras and camcorders are not allowed without the written consent of the museum administration.
- For group bookings, prior appointment via phone or email is required.
- E-ticket are also available.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Slovenian Museum Of Natural History
- School children, Students, senior citizens, school groups (management included), groups over 10 persons - € 3.00
- School groups (workshop) - € 4.00
- school groups (management and workshop) - € 6.00
- Adults: € 4.00
- family ticket: € 8.00
- workshops for children: € 5.00
- Commissioned Workshop: € 120.00
- weekly workshop: € 30.00
- FREE Entry – Preschool children, holders of valid museum passes, disabled, every first Sunday of the month, during lectures, which are showrooms.
- DISCOUNTS by prior arrangement is available.
- Walking tour –Group tours with management are organized according to the opening times of the museum.
How to Reach The Slovenian Museum Of Natural History
- By city bus and get off on Bleiweisova cesta, near the museum.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ljubljana before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ljubljana and book an accommodation of your choice.
5.59% of people who visit Ljubljana include The Slovenian Museum Of Natural History in their plan
50% of people start their The Slovenian Museum Of Natural History visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Slovenian Museum Of Natural History
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Slovenian Museum Of Natural History