Great Orme Cable CarsCurrently Closed
- Address: Llandudno Gwynedd LL30 2XF U.K, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1492877205
- Ticket Price: 8 GBP
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Cable Car
Great Orme Cable Cars - Review
Experience the expanse of air, as you move smoothly and quietly upwards with a glorious panoramic view beneath you. Be captivated and enthralled by the lush greenery and the stunning beauty of Mother Nature. Look down and you see the Irish Sea stretched out shining and quivering. Take a trip in the Great Orme Aerial Cable Car.
The Llandudno Cable Car opened in summer1969 and has been a tourist attraction ever since. The cabins are painted in arresting colours of red, yellow, orange, light blue and purple.
From the cabin you can see the breath taking view of the Irish Sea over looking to Rhyl and the Isle of Man as well as the aesthetic view of the Snowdonia National Park.
As the cable car glides silently, it takes you from Happy Valley to the summit of the Great Orme, Llandudno, the little Orme, Conway Estuary are all spread spectacularly beneath. On the return journey you enjoy the astounding views of Anglesey, Puffin Island and the mountains of Snowdonia.
This cable car is the longest passenger car system in Britain.
It is an 18 minutes return trip and the cable cars move slowly and sedately so people who are scared of heights, can enjoy the peaceful ride as well. Being 670ft in the air is a great way to get to the top of the Orme.
Great Orme Cable Cars Information
- There are some steps, thus it may not be suitable for wheel chairs.
- The cable car cannot operate when it is windy for safety restrictions.
- It is often much calmer in Happy Valley but the wind is unpredictable at the summit, which results in closures which may last a few minutes or a whole day.
- During thunderstorms and heavy rain the cable car are also shut down.
Great Orme Cable Cars Ticket Prices
- Prices above are for return trip - Family return £23.00
- For an Adult: £8.00 & for a Child (up to 14 yrs):£6.00.
How To reach Great Orme Cable Cars by Public Transport
- Trains from Manchester, Cardiff & Holyhead change at Llandudno Junction.
- Weekly National Express service to Newcastle-upon-Tyne on Sundays.
- From England: From the M6, take the M56 in the direction of Chester, North Wales. Take the M53 in the direction of A55, North Wales at the end of the M56.
- The nearest airports are Liverpool and Manchester but only Manchester is directly linked by train.
- Local buses operate from Rhyl, Bangor, Caernarfon, Llanberis and Llangollen.
Restaurants Near Great Orme Cable Cars
- Pier Cafe
- The Belle Vue Afternoon Tea
- La Taverna
- The Paradise Bar
- Terrace at St. Tudno Hotel
- WatersEdge Bistro and Bar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Llandudno before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Llandudno and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Great Orme Cable Cars
95% of people who visit Llandudno include Great Orme Cable Cars in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
47.06% of people start their Great Orme Cable Cars visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Great Orme Cable Cars
84.76% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Great Orme Cable Cars
Great Orme Cable Cars Trips
Great Orme Cable Cars, Llandudno Reviews
Lovely day out with my 6 and 3 year old. Nice 10 minute trip up, a walk around at the top, little play park. Slightly pricey tho but enjoyed it.
Very exciting thing to do for both adults and children. Slow and relaxing ride with spectacular views. It's worth coming early just after 10am, as the queues get very long later in a day.
A better, more informative website would help, took a risk on getting a ride and turned up and it was closed with no information. In hindsight, having walked up the Great Orme, it was the wind that closed it which makes sense but advertise that fact and give people some info so they can make informed choices. Take the tram to the top instead enjoy the views and walk back down, use the money you save to treat yourself to a nice cup of tea and some cake at the bottom :)
If you are around Llandudno and walking to the Great Orme summit then you need to take the cable cars back down. The view is spectacular and something to not miss. The price for a single is £10 whereas a return is £10.50 which doesn't make sense. It only lasted a few minutes so probably worth the return fare and then walk back down or up to the summit again. Definitely worth a visit.
Really good experience I don't like heights but really enjoyed the ride. Lovely views ice-cream and kids playground at the top. Pub too. Next time we might try the tram
All QuestionsGreat orme cable cars
How many people/children can be taken in one cable car ThanksAnswer Report Abuse
Counted as one of the best things to do in Llandudno, the Great Orme Cable Cars accommodate two persons per car.Report Abuse
thank you felicity lawrence there web site is not very explanitiveAnswer Report Abuse
It's been a pleasure, Pat.Report Abuse
hi i will rephrase how many children is family ticket forAnswer Report Abuse
Their management will be the best to answer this question. 01492 877205 is Great Orme Cable Cars contact number.Report Abuse
hi how many is a family ticket forAnswer Report Abuse
Family return £23.00 are the fees at Great Orme Cable CarsReport Abuse