Llandudno PierCurrently Open
- Address: N Parade, Llandudno, Conwy LL 302LP U.K, United Kingdom
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +44-1492870346
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Pier, Family And Kids
Llandudno Pier - Review
Step back in time to the Victorian Era, stand on a pier and let your senses take in the sea, perfectly calm and scarcely audible. Gentle ripples of water tap the delicate balustrades and lattice work railing of the Llandudno Pier.
The pier is home to a permanent fun fair. Sit on the benches and smell the air, gaze out to see, out to the horizon. You can’t tell where the blue skies ended and the blue sea began.
Voted Pier of the year by the members of the National Piers Society in 2005, the Llandudno Pier is a seaside resort of Llandudno on the coast of North Wales between Bangor and Colwyn Bay.
At 2,295 feet the pier is the longest in Wales and the fifth longest in England and Wales.The pier is very unusual in that it has two entrances, one on the promenade at North Parade and the other, the original entrance, on Happy Valley Road.
- It is often chosen for Victorian and Edwardian seaside filming location.
- It has a promenade deck with a ‘T’ shaped pier head and has a spectacular work of wrought iron railings and brackets of iron lacework.
- The Grand Hotel is an integral part of the Pier and now a swimming pool has been incorporated.
- Sea fishing is allowed on the Pier and is owned and controlled by Pier Point Tackle.
- There is an astonishing variety of shops selling leather goods, Welsh Gifts, hats, to costume jewellery, Lace and shells, even a Joke shop can be found.
- Llandudno Emporium on the Pier deals in the supply of the finest Natural Remedies, Aromatherapy, and bathing gifts.
- There are many food kiosks and the rich aroma of food wafts down and beckons you.
Llandudno Pier Information
- There is no particular time to visit, but you can be there at 06:00 am.
How To reach Llandudno Pier by Public Transport
- Road Directions: Llandudno is located on the A470 accessed from the A55.
- Public Transport Directions:Nearest rail station is Llandudno.
Restaurants Near Llandudno Pier
- Pier Gate Ices
- Rock shop
- Pier Grill
- Fish and Chips on the Pier
- Pier Cafe
- Pick and Mix
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Llandudno before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Llandudno and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Llandudno Pier
95% of people who visit Llandudno include Llandudno Pier in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
31.36% of people start their Llandudno Pier visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Llandudno Pier
90.18% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Llandudno Pier
Llandudno Pier Trips
Llandudno Pier, Llandudno Reviews
A Nice walk where you can have a beer at the bar at the end of the pier . Pier prices are a little higher than the shops not too far away. Careful if you're brave enough to eat an ice cream as the seagulls love to dive bomb you for a bite. The arcades are fab . Plenty of benches to take a break and admire the views.
For free parking park on church walks, as the spots get taken up very easily around the pier. A lovely place to go with the family, have something for everyone. We went on a lovely sunny day which really made a difference, can sit outside with food and enjoy the beautiful views. Standard seaside attractions and tourist shops to enjoy and the surrounding area is beautiful with lots of shops and restaurants around. Definitely worth a day trip if the weather is looking good. Make sure you try the air lift as well as the train to take you up the park.
Lovely old fashioned place. If you want fairground rides then this is not the place for you. There are a few rides first the children and a couple of arcades but many it's just for a nice walk out into the sea. Places to get food and drinks are also on the pier (chips etc). In this day and age it is a refreshing change
Fantastic family day out, I have been coming here since I was just five years old! Just one thing, why, oh why are the toilets all the way way at the end of the pier?? Also, need to be able to pay for ride tokens with tap and pay: it is more secure and better for the vendors. If I have limited cash on my person I can only enjoy so many rides. Finding an ATM is a hassle and there is a charge to use it also.
Good old fashioned seaside pier. Well worth a walk right to the end. Nice cafe and pub at the end for a sit and take in the views. Only downfall are the seagulls. Be careful if you have food as they swoop from nowhere.