Llandudno Pier, Llandudno
About Llandudno Pier, Llandudno
Llandudno Pier, Llandudno - Address, Phone Number
Address: N Parade, Llandudno, Conwy LL 302LP U.K
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 3.4K times in trip plans
Pier, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Step back in time to the Victorian Era, stand on a pier and let your senses take in the sea, perfectly calm and scarcely audible. Gentle ripples of water tap the delicate balustrades and lattice work railing of the Llandudno Pier.
The pier is home to a permanent fun fair. Sit on the benches and smell the air, gaze out to see, out to the horizon. You can’t tell where the blue skies ended and the blue sea began.
Voted Pier of the year by the members of the National Piers Society in 2005, the Llandudno Pier is a seaside resort of Llandudno on the coast of North Wales between Bangor and Colwyn Bay.
At 2,295 feet the pier is the longest in Wales and the fifth longest in England and Wales.The pier is very unusual in that it has two entrances, one on the promenade at North Parade and the other, the original entrance, on Happy Valley Road.
- It is often chosen for Victorian and Edwardian seaside filming location.
- It has a promenade deck with a ‘T’ shaped pier head and has a spectacular work of wrought iron railings and brackets of iron lacework.
- The Grand Hotel is an integral part of the Pier and now a swimming pool has been incorporated.
- Sea fishing is allowed on the Pier and is owned and controlled by Pier Point Tackle.
- There is an astonishing variety of shops selling leather goods, Welsh Gifts, hats, to costume jewellery, Lace and shells, even a Joke shop can be found.
- Llandudno Emporium on the Pier deals in the supply of the finest Natural Remedies, Aromatherapy, and bathing gifts.
- There are many food kiosks and the rich aroma of food wafts down and beckons you.
Llandudno Pier Information
- There is no particular time to visit, but you can be there at 06:00 am.
How To reach Llandudno Pier by Public Transport
- Road Directions: Llandudno is located on the A470 accessed from the A55.
- Public Transport Directions:Nearest rail station is Llandudno.
Restaurants Near Llandudno Pier
- Pier Gate Ices
- Rock shop
- Pier Grill
- Fish and Chips on the Pier
- Pier Cafe
- Pick and Mix
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Llandudno before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Llandudno and book an accommodation of your choice.
Llandudno Pier, Llandudno Reviews - Write a Review
Great place, lovely to walk along the pier and then turn around about half way down and look at the stunning scenery.... beautiful!! Loads of things to do for the kids, great ice creams half way down on the left. Fish and chips and a pint at the end of the pier. So many things to do and see but you'll have to go and see for yourself.
It's am impressive bit of Victorian architecture. It does feel like something out of an H P Lovecraft story. On a stormy evening, overlooked by the Grand Hotel it could well be the setting of a gothic horror story. And by day it's present enough with lots to see and discover. If you walk all the way out and back you've walked just under a mile.
Great day out with the kids. There's a fair and great seafood. The Punch and Judy show is funny and you can also go crabbing on the pier. The Alice in Wonderland park is lovely too.
Really lovely traditional seaside pier. The children's fairground rides were all shut because school term had just started, but all the rides you'd expect to see were there. And all the little shops and amusement arcades. It was great!
Well maintained pier.arcade at entrance and 1 on end of pier.plenty of seating along the length of pier.toilets on the end ...Ok but could do with an upgrade.fishing permits available from bait/tackle shop.many children's rides have to buy tokens to use the rides.little expensive but plenty for the kids.there is a pub and cafe at the end of pier not too bad on prices.can get very busy but well worth a stroll along on a warm day.
- Nearby Attractions
- Fairy Glen Hotel
- The Rabbit Hole Cafe
- West Shore Beach
- Cafe Orient Express
- The Kings House
- Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways
- Snowdonia National Park
- Llandudno Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Llandudno
- What to See in 48 Hours in Llandudno
- What to See in 72 Hours in Llandudno
- How to Spend 5 Days in Llandudno
- How to Spend 6 Days in Llandudno
- How to Spend 7 Days in Llandudno