Llandudno Pier435 Votes Currently Open
- Address: N Parade, Llandudno, Conwy LL 302LP U.K, United Kingdom
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +44-1492870346
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Pier
Step back in time to the Victorian Era, stand on a pier and let your senses take in the sea, perfectly calm and scarcely audible. Gentle ripples of water tap the delicate balustrades and lattice work railing of the Llandudno Pier.
The pier is home to a permanent fun fair. Sit on the benches and smell the air, gaze out to see, out to the horizon. You can’t tell where the blue skies ended and the blue sea began.
Voted Pier of the year by the members of the National Piers Society in 2005, the Llandudno Pier is a seaside resort of Llandudno on the coast of North Wales between Bangor and Colwyn Bay.
At 2,295 feet the pier is the longest in Wales and the fifth longest in England and Wales.The pier is very unusual in that it has two entrances, one on the promenade at North Parade and the other, the original entrance, on Happy Valley Road.
- It is often chosen for Victorian and Edwardian seaside filming location.
- It has a promenade deck with a ‘T’ shaped pier head and has a spectacular work of wrought iron railings and brackets of iron lacework.
- The Grand Hotel is an integral part of the Pier and now a swimming pool has been incorporated.
- Sea fishing is allowed on the Pier and is owned and controlled by Pier Point Tackle.
- There is an astonishing variety of shops selling leather goods, Welsh Gifts, hats, to costume jewellery, Lace and shells, even a Joke shop can be found.
- Llandudno Emporium on the Pier deals in the supply of the finest Natural Remedies, Aromatherapy, and bathing gifts.
- There are many food kiosks and the rich aroma of food wafts down and beckons you.
Llandudno Pier Travel Tips
- There is no particular time to visit, but you can be there at 06:00 am.
How to Reach Llandudno Pier
- Road Directions: Llandudno is located on the A470 accessed from the A55.
- Public Transport Directions:Nearest rail station is Llandudno.
- Pier Gate Ices
- Rock shop
- Pier Grill
- Fish and Chips on the Pier
- Pier Cafe
- Pick and Mix
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Llandudno before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Llandudno and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Llandudno include Llandudno Pier in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
31.36% of people start their Llandudno Pier visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Llandudno Pier
90.18% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Llandudno Pier
Llandudno Pier Reviews & Ratings
Llandudno itself is picturesque as is the countryside surrounding it. The pier is a traditional Victorian one and there is lots to do and see. However, my advice if you look foreign or have darker than caucasian skin is to stay away from the cheeseman on Llandudno Pier. It's a beautiful country but my wife doesn't want to return. I'm finding it difficult to convince her that not all the Welsh are unpleasant racists like the cheeseman on Llandudno Pier.