The Promenade, Llandudno
About The Promenade, Llandudno
The Promenade, Llandudno - Address
Address: Llandudno LL30 Wales U.K.
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 3.3K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Waterfront, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The water is always moving, never the same. The waves seem to make eager haste to caress sand and leave a fringe of lace on the shore. Constantly amending its mysterious majesty, no description can truly capture the beauty of the sea, yet it inspires for miles. This is the Victorian Promenade.
The expansive span of sand, shingle and rock extends for 2 miles in a graceful curve between the Little Orme and the Great Orme. It is separated from the road by small walls and rows of benches and flowerbeds. It is very rich in lime thus supports a vast share of botanical rarities.
It is also the haven for rare species of birds such as the cormorants, shags, and numerous gulls. The entire stretch is clean and very well maintained. This promenade is an all age joy.
- Walkers are able to enjoy a nice sea side stroll.
- Home to Venue Cymru, the town’s theatre which hosts shows and musical performances.
- The theatre also hosts large conferences.
- The band stand allows local bands to perform.
- Cycling along the promenade is sheer pleasure.
- Speed boats are there to take you for a spin in the sea.
- Traditional Punch and Judy shows are held for everyone’s entertainment.
- Trained dogs are allowed on the Promenade.
- Free of litter.
- Sit on the benches provided and watch the sunset or relax and let the world go by.
- Donkey rides are there as well.
- There are well maintained gardens with gorgeous hanging baskets.
- There are owls on display.
How To reach The Promenade by Public Transport
- By car as soon as A55 is reached follow that to Llandudno junction or you can travel up the A407 off the A55 and reach Conwy Road.
- National Express operates services from most cities to Llandudno.
- Travelling by sea: Irish ferries and Stena Lines run regular ferries from Ireland to North Wales.
- Llandudno is easy to reach by fast express trains and there are many stops across the North West & North Wales. Direct trains run from Manchester and most other major cities.
Restaurants Near The Promenade
- The Picture House
- China Garden
- Coffee Corner
- Dragon Kitchen
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Llandudno before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Llandudno and book an accommodation of your choice.
The Promenade, Llandudno Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Snowdonia National Park Visitor Centre
- Venue Cymru
- The Looking Glass
- Cambridge Mostyn Restaurant
- Caernarfon Castle
- Llandudno Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Llandudno
- What to See in 48 Hours in Llandudno
- What to See in 72 Hours in Llandudno
- How to Spend 5 Days in Llandudno
- How to Spend 6 Days in Llandudno
- How to Spend 7 Days in Llandudno