The PromenadeCurrently Open
- Address: Llandudno LL30 Wales U.K., United Kingdom
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Tags: Outdoors, Waterfront, Walking Area
The water is always moving, never the same. The waves seem to make eager haste to caress sand and leave a fringe of lace on the shore. Constantly amending its mysterious majesty, no description can truly capture the beauty of the sea, yet it inspires for miles. This is the Victorian Promenade.
The expansive span of sand, shingle and rock extends for 2 miles in a graceful curve between the Little Orme and the Great Orme. It is separated from the road by small walls and rows of benches and flowerbeds. It is very rich in lime thus supports a vast share of botanical rarities.
It is also the haven for rare species of birds such as the cormorants, shags, and numerous gulls. The entire stretch is clean and very well maintained. This promenade is an all age joy.
- Walkers are able to enjoy a nice sea side stroll.
- Home to Venue Cymru, the town’s theatre which hosts shows and musical performances.
- The theatre also hosts large conferences.
- The band stand allows local bands to perform.
- Cycling along the promenade is sheer pleasure.
- Speed boats are there to take you for a spin in the sea.
- Traditional Punch and Judy shows are held for everyone’s entertainment.
- Trained dogs are allowed on the Promenade.
- Free of litter.
- Sit on the benches provided and watch the sunset or relax and let the world go by.
- Donkey rides are there as well.
- There are well maintained gardens with gorgeous hanging baskets.
- There are owls on display.
How to Reach The Promenade
- By car as soon as A55 is reached follow that to Llandudno junction or you can travel up the A407 off the A55 and reach Conwy Road.
- National Express operates services from most cities to Llandudno.
- Travelling by sea: Irish ferries and Stena Lines run regular ferries from Ireland to North Wales.
- Llandudno is easy to reach by fast express trains and there are many stops across the North West & North Wales. Direct trains run from Manchester and most other major cities.
- The Picture House
- China Garden
- Coffee Corner
- Dragon Kitchen
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Llandudno before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Llandudno and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Llandudno include The Promenade in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
35.58% of people start their The Promenade visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see The Promenade
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Promenade