The fiery red sun slowly san beneath the horizon and threads of light shone on the rock pools revealing the tiny creatures that lived in the shallow water. The sky turned orange, then red, then dark blue, until all that was left was a chalky mauve. Soon the moonlight casted brilliant rays with sequin silver stars that glowed like embers. The creatures darted to and fro in search of food.
The West Coast Beach lies in the Conwy estuary and there are strong tidal currents. When the tide goes out there are large expanse of sandbanks which create small sheltered beaches which are great for sunbathing and paddling. There are breakwaters along the beach which is a part of the flood defence system.
- Watch the spectacular and marvellous setting of the sun, rayscriss crossing across the sky.
- The beach is partly accessible to dogs, dogs are allowed between 2 stone groynes.
- This beach is quiet, and a quick retreat. Parking is available.
- It’s a wind surfer delight provided the weather allows it.
- Kids can play crazy golf, while parents can relax in the nearby cafes.
- Stunning views of the coast and of Anglesey and Puffin Islands.
- The large stretch of shallow water makes this ideal for kite surfing.
- Low tide reveals an extensive patch of sand, thus creating good conditions for kite buggying.
- Rock pools are exposed during low tides. It is the home to limpets and seaweed and deep inside the pool there is an incredible diversity of life.
- Children can enjoy thrilling donkey rides.
- Toilet facilities are available.
West Coast Beach Llandudno Travel Tips
- Wind surfers have to struggle in rough weather.
- When the tide comes in and some tourists are trapped and a life boat is called out regularly to rescue people.
- It’s a sandy beach, so proper footwear is advisable.
- There are no life guards.
How to Reach West Coast Beach Llandudno
- Llandudno (About a mile away)
- Deganwy (Approx. 2 miles away)
- Conwy (Approx. 3 miles away)
- Llandudno Junction (Approx. 3 miles away)
- Glan Conwy (Approx. 4 miles away)
- Raring 2 Go
- King’s Takeaway
- Upper Crust
- The Albert
- Tribells Fish and Chip Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Llandudno before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Llandudno and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Llandudno include West Coast Beach Llandudno in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
25.83% of people start their West Coast Beach Llandudno visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see West Coast Beach Llandudno
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting West Coast Beach Llandudno