Korigadh FortCurrently Open
- Address: Near Savashni Ghat, Lonavla, Pune, India 410401, Lonavala
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Temple, Outdoors, Cave, View Point, Historical Site, Valley, Fort, Nature
Located at a distance of around 20 kilometres from Lonavla, Korigadh fort is in close proximity to the Amby valley. Ideal for a one-day trek, Korigad lies at an altitude of 3050 feet from the sea level. Also known as Kumwarigad, the fort offers splendid views of the verdant valley and is a treat to the visitor’s eyes. The fort has a glorious past and was a part of the Maratha Empire until it was captured by the British in 1818. The base village for the trek is Peth-shahpur and Amby valley. There are two routes to access the trek and both take round about an hour to reach the fort.
- Kolaidevi Temple with a 4 feet idol of goddess Kori
- Ganesh temple
- Large ponds
- Vishnu temple
The fort offers great view of Amby Valley, Nagphani Point, Tung, Tikona, Matheran, Prabalgad, Karnala and Manikgad mountain ranges.
Korigadh Fort Travel Tips
- Hike can be tiresome and not suitable for infants, pregnant women, senior citizens and people with medical problems.
- Wear rainy jacket and comfortable shoes.
- Guided tours are periodically arranged but enquire well-in advance.
Entrance Ticket Details For Korigadh Fort
- Free entry.
Korigadh Fort Hours
- Open 24 hours.
- Best visited during day time.
How to Reach Korigadh Fort
- Car, Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lonavala before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lonavala and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.33% of people who visit Lonavala include Korigadh Fort in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
55.56% of people start their Korigadh Fort visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Korigadh Fort
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Korigadh Fort