How to Reach Lonavala - The Easiest Way to Reach Lonavala
- By Air: The nearest airports are Mumbai and Pune. The Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport of Mumbai has frequent flights to and from all the major destinations across the world. Pune’s Lohgaon airport serves flighst to major Indian cities and few international destinations like Dubai and Frankfurt. Once reached any of these cities- Pune or Mumbai, there are shuttle buses, taxis and auto-rickshaws that can take you to respective city centres.
Lonavla can be then reached by following ways:
- By Bus: There are both government as well as private buses operating from Mumbai and Pune. They are easily available, fast and cheap. The non-ac MSRTC buses are the cheapest. Private tour operators facilitate both AC and Non-AC buses which can be either pre-booked or tickets can be bought on the spot.
- By Train: Lonavla has its own railway station and all the trains running between Mumbai and Pune halt at Lonavla. The Intercity Express, Koyna Express, Deccan Express, Indrayani Express are top-picks. Train journeys offer excellent views of the Sahyadris and are also the cheapest way to reach Lonavla.
- By Car or Taxi: The Pune-Lonavla distance is 64 kilometres and the Mumbai-Lonavla distance is 96 kilometres. The Mumbai-Pune express highway is the preferred route and the Khandala exit can be taken to enter Lonavla. There is also an old Mumbi-Pune highway but it takes almost twice the time than the express highway.
- By Bus: There are few private tour companies that offer the sightseeing of Lonavla by bus. Also, the MSRTC has few sightseeing buses that can take you to the major tourist attractions.
- By Car or Taxi: You can hire a car or a taxi to get around Lonavla. The charges for cars with and without drivers are variable. If you hire a taxi with driver for the entire day, the expenses of the driver’s food have to be paid separately.
- On Foot: The town in itself in pretty small and be explored on foot.
Are you looking for a Lonavala travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Lonavala
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Lonavala. The most preferred mode of transport in Lonavala is Car.
Average distance: 25 km Average time: 42 min
Car 100%Driving 40 min Walking 2 min Overall average time for 25 kms 42 min
How to Reach Lonavala from Nearby Cities
|Khopoli to Lonavala||7 km||7 mins|
|Khandala to Lonavala||10.78 km||22 mins|
|Borivali to Lonavala||11.46 km||11 mins|
|Durshet to Lonavala||12.56 km||12 mins|
|Badlapur to Lonavala||22.97 km||22 mins|
|Mohape Railway Station to Lonavala||24.29 km||24 mins|
|Pimpri Chinchwad to Lonavala||43.9 km||43 mins|
|Lavasa to Lonavala||79.08 km||1 hour 31 mins|
|Navi Mumbai to Lonavala||92.18 km||1 hour 58 mins|
- How to reach Khandala
- How to reach Matheran
- How to reach Pune
- How to reach Alibag
- How to reach Mumbai
- How to reach Mahabaleshwar
- How to reach Nasik
- How to reach Shirdi
- How to reach Daman
- How to reach Agra
- How to reach Leh
- How to reach Delhi
- How to reach Amritsar
- How to reach Chennai
- How to reach Jaipur