Visit London - Best of London
“When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life!”- Samuel Johnson
This is how London comes across to people who wish to visit it. Ranging from literary, bohemian, classic, sports to music-London has all, thanks to its cosmopolitan self. The city has always represented itself as the centre of power, European culture, literature and some of the renowned architectural marvels. London exhibits an amazing melange of history, culture, art, science, technology, industrialization, and modernity. This ancient city that has ever been present in the pages of history is a beautiful blend of the past and the present. Here, you can witness the reminiscences of the Roman past while walking down the most modern corners.
Settled and colonized by Romans during the 1st Century AD, this city came to later on symbolize the British Empire, the biggest and the most powerful during the 19th century. Even till today, you can see the vestiges of Roman walls that strive to survive here. On the other hand, you can some of the best architectural super structures of the 21st century such as Gherkin tower. Till today, London preserves its initial quality of being a metropolis that accommodates people from everywhere, almost all parts of the world. Cosmopolitan by essence, its British character cannot be missed though. Walk down its alleys and narrow streets and you will sense the aromas of bakery products and the traditional fish and chips.
Topping the list of any tourism in the world, the city is always a coveted destination for those who are interested in its arts, culture, literature and history. Apart from its monuments, the city glistens with beautiful arcades, green parks and the best of fashion. What makes this royal city special is that you will feel literature, writers, Victorian past and modernity in its air. A must visit city for those who want to begin their journey in Europe! Each one of you should visit London at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit London.
London Travel Tips
Essential travel information and London tips for your visit
- Time Zone: London follows the GMT/UTC +00.00 hour. The daylight saving is observed here in summers.
- Currency: The currency used in London is GBP(great British Pound).
- Electricity: Electrical sockets (outlets) in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland are the "Type G " British BS-1363 type. If your appliance's plug doesn't match the shape of these sockets, you will need a travel plug adapter in order to plug in.
- Internet: The Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the United Kingdom is .uk and is sponsored by Nominet. Currently Internet access is available to businesses and home users in various forms, including dial-up, cable, DSL, and wireless.
- Languages: English is the predominant language in London.
- Security: 999 or 112 are the official emergency numbers in London.
- Brush up your history of London before visiting.
- Otherwise, London is a secure place to visit.
- Don’t talk loudly in public.
- Don’t throw any rubbish anywhere on the streets of London.
- Don’t spit on the streets.
- Don’t greet people with a kiss if they are not your close friends or relatives.
- Don't be late for an appointment.
- Ensure that you are on time; it’s considered to be rude to be late.
Are you looking for a London travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
London Tourist Information
- Parks And Gardens
- Amusement Parks
- Bowling Spots
- Casinos And Gaming
- Convenience Stores
- Internet Cafes
- Burger Shops
- Chinese Restaurants
- Fast Foods
- Italian Restaurants
- Mexican Restaurants
- Pizza Shops
- Thai Restaurants
- Vegan Restaurants
- Food Trucks
- Gas Stations
- Bus Stations
- Rail Stations
London Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of London
Save 10%Stonehenge Inner Circle Access Day Trip from London Including Oxford and Windsor Castle101 Reviews
Duration: 10 Hrs
Enjoy exclusive access to the inner stone circle at Stonehenge on this day tour from London, and choose from a morning or aft...
London Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Entry to Over 60 Attractions1027 Reviews
Discover the joy of sightseeing with the London Pass, and enjoy free entry to over 80 of its world-class sites like Westminst...Book Now
Save 7%The Original London Sightseeing Tour: Hop-on Hop-off2664 Reviews
Duration: 1 Days
Discover top London attractions at your leisure on this flexible open dated hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour of London. With t...
Save 8%Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne Lunch on the Eiffel Tower481 Reviews
Duration: 14 Hrs 30 Mins
Enjoy an unforgettable day in the French capital on this luxury day trip from London to Paris, with an included Champagne lun...
Popular Hotels in LondonView all Hotels in London
More about London
Make Your Own Fairytale, Doing These Most Romantic Things In...
- Picturesquely set on the River Thames, with a climate that conjures ardour, the parks, restaurants, even the stations are a charm for blossoming romance. Wondering what are the most romantic things to do in London? From watching sunsets to sharing a kiss at the perfect spot, here’s our lowdown on the amorous things to do in London.1. Sunday afternoon strolls amidst flowers and cake shops
Best Christmas Markets In London For A Classic Christmas Cel...
- “The London shops on Christmas EveAre strung with silver bells and flowersAs hurrying clerks the City leaveTo pigeon-haunted classic towers,And marbled clouds go scudding byThe many-steepled London sky.”~ John Betjeman
You must have understood by these lines that London is a great place to get festive. With tons of events taking place, the Capital city of London gets flooded with the festivities and celebrations during the Christmas season. Whether you live here, or you are visiting the city in winter, the festive spirit of London is something you will never forget for a lifetime. Be it ice skating, atte
12 Magical Winter Terrace Bars In London
- Brrr..London’s winters can be unforgiving and gray. With the blink and gone daylight and biting autumn breeze, winters can get dull and vapid for many. But if you love the outdoors and want to experience London’s best winter evening havens, we’ve got you covered.[ADD] From fairy lights to bougainvillea veils, winter terrace bars in London are little wonderlands that add charm and warmth to this season. Here are our recommended picks for the best terraces to enjoy a drink in winter:1. Clos Maggiore, Covent Garden
- Cambridge Tourism
- Canterbury Tourism
- Northampton Tourism
- Southampton Tourism
- Bath Tourism
- Bristol Tourism
- Weymouth Tourism
- Exeter Tourism
- Manchester Tourism
- Chester Tourism
- Leeds Tourism
- Liverpool Tourism
Facts and Stats for London*
Pollution Statistics in London
Know the pollution level of London before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 64.22 (High)
Water Pollution 43.98 (Moderate)
Noise and Light Pollution 56.35 (Moderate)
Unattended dirt and garbage 48.61 (Moderate)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 33.93 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 44.2 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 46.53 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 21.34 (Low)
London: Crime and Safety
How safe is London for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in London.
Burglary and Theft 45.42 (Moderate)
Mugging and Robbery 51.95 (Moderate)
Assault and Armed Robbery 50.57 (Moderate)
Corruption and Bribery 35.75 (Low)
Car Stealing 39.87 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 47.78 (Moderate)
Attacks 48.91 (Moderate)
Drug offense 56.45 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during daylight 69.51 (High)
Safety walking alone during night 44.98 (Moderate)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 49.01 (Moderate)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 38.1 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 55.76 (Moderate)
Living in London - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of London is 129.91 (High)
Safety Index 50.9 (Moderate)
Climate Index 88.25 (Very High)
Pollution Index 59.92 (Moderate)
Traffic Commute Time Index 47.05 (High)
Cost of Living Index 81.29 (Moderate)
Health Care Index 67.62 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 20.55 (Very High)
Purchasing Power Index 100.38 (High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in London
Here's how much it will cost to shop in London
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.12 USD
International Movie per seat 15.84 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 42.08 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 90.22 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 83.29 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.