“When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life!”- Samuel Johnson
This is how London comes across to people who wish to visit it. Ranging from literary, bohemian, classic, sports to music-London has all, thanks to its cosmopolitan self. The city has always represented itself as the centre of power, European culture, literature and some of the renowned architectural marvels. London exhibits an amazing melange of history, culture, art, science, technology, industrialization, and modernity. This ancient city that has ever been present in the pages of history is a beautiful blend of the past and the present. Here, you can witness the reminiscences of the Roman past while walking down the most modern corners.
Settled and colonized by Romans during the 1st Century AD, this city came to later on symbolize the British Empire, the biggest and the most powerful during the 19th century. Even till today, you can see the vestiges of Roman walls that strive to survive here. On the other hand, you can some of the best architectural super structures of the 21st century such as Gherkin tower. Till today, London preserves its initial quality of being a metropolis that accommodates people from everywhere, almost all parts of the world. Cosmopolitan by essence, its British character cannot be missed though. Walk down its alleys and narrow streets and you will sense the aromas of bakery products and the traditional fish and chips.
Topping the list of any tourism in the world, the city is always a coveted destination for those who are interested in its arts, culture, literature and history. Apart from its monuments, the city glistens with beautiful arcades, green parks and the best of fashion. What makes this royal city special is that you will feel literature, writers, Victorian past and modernity in its air. A must visit city for those who want to begin their journey in Europe! Each one of you should visit London at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit London.
Essential travel information and London tips for your visit
- Time Zone: London follows the GMT/UTC +00.00 hour. The daylight saving is observed here in summers.
- Currency: The currency used in London is GBP(great British Pound).
- Electricity: Electrical sockets (outlets) in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland are the "Type G " British BS-1363 type. If your appliance's plug doesn't match the shape of these sockets, you will need a travel plug adapter in order to plug in.
- Internet: The Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the United Kingdom is .uk and is sponsored by Nominet. Currently Internet access is available to businesses and home users in various forms, including dial-up, cable, DSL, and wireless.
- Languages: English is the predominant language in London.
- Security: 999 or 112 are the official emergency numbers in London.
- Brush up your history of London before visiting.
- Otherwise, London is a secure place to visit.
- Don’t talk loudly in public.
- Don’t throw any rubbish anywhere on the streets of London.
- Don’t spit on the streets.
- Don’t greet people with a kiss if they are not your close friends or relatives.
- Don't be late for an appointment.
- Ensure that you are on time; it’s considered to be rude to be late.
London Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for London. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using London trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of London
Save 9%Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath from London
11 Hrs5963 Reviews
Save 10%Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros. Studio in London
7 Hrs743 Reviews
Save 9%Fully Guided Luxury Paris Day Trip with Lunch at the Eiffel Tower
14 Hrs 30 Mins531 Reviews
Save 4%Skip the Line: London Eye Fast-Track Ticket
30 Mins1795 Reviews
Save 8%Tour to Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament in London
4 Hrs135 Reviews