British Museum40073 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Great Russell St, London WC1B 3DG, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +44-2073238299
- Time Required: 04:30 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Landmark
The British Museum is one of the highlights of London. The museum is home to various collections of paintings, sculptures, antiquities and many other curiosities. It is said that about seven million collection pieces are present in this museum for display.
Discovering different cultures and having displays about various themes makes it one of the most sought after tourist destinations of the world. The artifacts span a million years and there are a lot of mind boggling facts that will leave you amazed. Another highlight of the British Museum is that it houses the Rosetta Stone as well as many other Egyptian marvels.
The museum is so large, that one day is not enough to explore it completely.
However, if you want to make a quick visit there are a few exhibits that should not be missed:
- The Rosetta Stone: This ancient stone helped decode many ancient languages giving us a doorway to look into historical civilizations.
- The Lewis Chessmen: This is a set of elaborately carved ivory chess pieces that will leave you astounded.
- The Mold Cape: This cape is beaten out of pure gold.
- The Oxus Treasure: This is a surviving Persian treasure and has many beautiful gold items.
Explore the various collections of antiquities and the impressive collection of art pieces on display at the iconic British Museum by getting tickets for British Museum. While the entry fee for British Museum costs nothing, you can buy tickets for British Museum here, as it would give you a thorough experience of the museum complete with information. British Museum ticket prices are a great value for money and it would be a shame to lose out on the British Museum tickets. Make sure you grab it immediately.
British Museum Travel Tips
- Designated wheelchair and accessible public toilet.
- There are many restaurants, cafes, shops inside the museum. So, you will not need to find a place refreshment during a tiring day of exploring.
- You can walk from this museum to the National Gallery so you can plan a full day trip with both these venues in mind.
Entrance Ticket Details For British Museum
- Entry is free.
- A donation of £5 is recommended. There are admission charges for special exhibitions and some events - book online now to avoid missing out.
British Museum Hours
- The Great Court, including the Information Desk, is open daily 09.00–18.00 and until 20.30 on Fridays.
- For timings of the library, cafe and other facilities, please refer to the official website.
How to Reach British Museum
- Tottenham Court Road is the closest tube station.
- Bus Numbers 1, 7, 8, 19, 25, 38, 55, 98, 242 stop on New Oxford Street.
- Cycle racks and hires are available.
- The Museum Tavern
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in London before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in London and book an accommodation of your choice.
72.82% of people who visit London include British Museum in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
79.98% of people start their British Museum visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
4 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 4 Hrs 30 Minutes to see British Museum
90.96% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting British Museum
Are there any type of rental for scooters or some thing along those line for a person to use who walks with a cane only for short distances ?Answer Report Abuse
I only know that a limited number of wheelchairs are available for rental. I guess it would be better to call the British Museum on 20 7323 8299 for the exact information.Report Abuse