Buckingham Palace LondonCurrently Closed
- Address: The Official Residences of The Queen, London SW1A 1AA, United Kingdom
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +44-2077667300
- Ticket Price: 37 GBP
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Landmark, Palace, Architecture , Heritage Building
The Buckingham Palace is one of the many important royal landmarks that stand in London to this date. The Change of Guards of the Buckingham Palace has become a tradition that is also a huge attraction for the tourists. It takes place at 11:30 am on certain days and involves a time honoured ceremony that is certainly worth seeing.
The Palace recently formed the picturesque Background for the post-wedding public reception of the royal couple Prince William and Kate Middleton. If you don’t have an idea of just how big the Buckingham Palace is, you just have to simply imagine seven hundred and seventy five rooms in a single palace. You have to visit the Buckingham Palace to truly marvel in all it’s beauty.
This place is a sprawling monument in the shades of gold and cream and every single part of it is full to the brim with the history of England. There are three places that you can visit here; The State Rooms, The Royal Mews and the Queen’s Gallery. Royal Mews is an attraction by itself, so you can check that on our website. The Queen’s Gallery houses a lovely collection of some really royal paintings and the state rooms is something everybody should definitely visit.
Immerse yourself in the grandeur of the royal Buckingham Palace which is one of the greatest landmarks in London by grabbing the Buckingham Palace tickets. To buy tickets for Buckingham Palace, check the Buckingham Palace ticket prices from the tickets & tours section and with an amazing deal that is going on, tickets for Buckingham Palace would come in as treat for you giving a complete experience of the city of London.
- The Change of Guard Ceremony takes place only on certain days. It takes place on alternate days usually, kindly confirm.
- Airport style security checks take place so do not take any sharp instruments with you when visiting.
- Eating and Drinking is not allowed on the premises other than at their Cafe.
- Mobile Phones must also be switched off inside.
- Only for the State Rooms; “Royal Day Out Tour” costs 3.25 pounds.
- The Change of Guard ceremony has no ticket.
- Kindly book tickets in advance.
- Take the Royal day out tour which starts from £37.
- State rooms: £21.50
- Queen’s Gallery: £10.00
- For detailed prices, please check the official website.
- 1 January - 29 July: Open daily 10:00-17:30 (last admission 16:15)
- 30 July – 25 September: Open daily 09:30-17:30 (last admission 16:15)
- 26 September - 31 December: Open daily 10:00-17:30 (last admission 16:15)
- 30 July - 31 August 2016: Open daily 09:15 am-7:45 pm (last admission 4:15 pm)
- 1-25 September 2016: Open daily 09:15 am-6:45 pm (last admission 4:15 pm)
- London Victoria
- Underground: Victoria, Green Park and Hyde Park Corner.
- Bus Numbers 11, 211, C1 and C10 stop on Buckingham Palace Road.
- Boyds of London Dinner by Heston Blumenthal Hix
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in London before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in London and book an accommodation of your choice.
76.11% of people who visit London include Buckingham Palace London in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
45.25% of people start their Buckingham Palace London visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Buckingham Palace London
86.18% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Buckingham Palace London
5 Star experience in Buckingham Palace. We booked the Buckingham Palace tour months ago so we could see it over the Holiday break. They only offer this tour for a few weeks in the summer and winter when the Royal family is out of town. All I can say was it was worth every penny. The tour feels very exclusive. You enter through the side of the palace, check your coat, and meet up with your tour guides. 3 guides take ~20 people through the palace explaining the rooms, the history, and the artifacts / art within. It was breathtaking and probably the best thing we did while in London. The tour was ~2 hours and at the end they offered us all Champagne and 20% off in the gift store. Its not a cheap tour at ~90 pounds but I felt we got our money worth and saw something few people get to see. Also in the end they walk you out in groups of 6 out the front door of the palace in front of everyone outside the palace gates. A nice touch to end a magnificent experience. :)
For queen and country. Majestic place, so beautiful and extravagant. Just like a fairy tale, everything so beautiful and well crafted that it takes your breath away. Your eyes always find something to just glance upon and your mind gets so mesmerized by the materials and designs of the place. With the audio commentary everything becomes so fascinating making historical evidence of hundreds of years ago seem so easy to understand and appreciate it in present day it's just so mind blowing. The palace gardens are really gorgeous. I can't explain how amazing I felt when I witnessed the parade and change of guards outside of palace, it's a beautiful spectacle in it's own way.
Really unique experience. The amount of effort the guards put in the changing is outstanding. The whole event was fantastic. Even though we where there during Christmas time. The amount of people was not that crowded. We had a good view on the whole event. We would recommend people to not walk from one spot to the other but wait a bit and move slowly forward towards the fence. Most people will try and move to a better place but patience helped us for the better. If you don't have patience or you would like to have a great spot, come early the first people will be there one hour or more before it starts. We had a great time and would recommend visiting the change of guards at Buckingham palace
Pay and Enjoy... since am not a history lover, I didn’t had much things to view there. Some stunning statues and colourful park outside will make it worth a visit... Well it’s one of the most visited place in London, Worth a visit to say I have visited the Palace...
Wonderful the State room Buckingham Palace tour. Very knowledgeable guide. Full of history. We were escorted out from the front gate. Staff are super nice and helpful. Highly recommended! Remember to enter from the left side gate not the main gate. 😆