Churchill War Rooms21743 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Clive Steps, King Charles Street, London SW1A 2AQ, United Kingdom
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-2079306961
- Fax: +44-02078395897
- Ticket Price: 17 GBP
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Social, Arts, Museums
A branch of the Imperial War Museum, The Churchill War Rooms were formerly known as The Cabinet War Rooms and Churchill Museum. This World War II historic site served as the headquarters for Churchill and his wartime cabinet during the Blitz. Walk into the Map Room and feel like you’ve stepped into a time when secrets and strategies were exchanged underground while London was being bombed overhead. This place was the hub of activity for the British High Command and their war effort. Further explore the interactive museum and the Churchill Bunker and understand the life and history of Winston Churchill. The Churchill War Rooms is one of the main tourist attractions to visit and should definitely feature in you London itinerary 3 days and London Itinerary 2 Weeks.
Churchill War Rooms Travel Tips
- The Museum tour is included in the London Pass if once choses to opt for it.
- The entire place has wheelchair accessibility and staff is happy to assist.
- There is free audio guide included in the ticket price with information in 8 languages.
Entrance Ticket Details For Churchill War Rooms
- Adult: £ 17.25
- Child (5-15, under 5's free): Must be accompained by an adult: £8.60
- Concessions: Senior / student / disabled: £13.80
- All the prices listed here are without donation. For prices with donation, please check the official website.
How to Reach Churchill War Rooms
- Tube Station: Westminster (Jubilee, District and Circle Line) and St James's Park (District and Circle Line)
- Rouz at Parliament Square
- Brasserie One
- Wesley Cafe
- The Red Lion
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in London before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in London and book an accommodation of your choice.
39.26% of people who visit London include Churchill War Rooms in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
48.44% of people start their Churchill War Rooms visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Churchill War Rooms
55.53% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Churchill War Rooms