Cleopatra's NeedleCurrently Open
- Address: Cleopatra's Needle, Victoria Embankment, Westminster, London, United Kingdom
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +212-7696969
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Architecture , Heritage Building
Cleopatra’s needle is an interesting sight. This is an ancient Egyptian Obelisk and even though it doesn’t exactly belong to Cleopatra’s reign, the name has made it pretty famous. It is one of the four “needles”, the others of which are present in New York, Paris and Luxor.
Recently, reinstated, the needle in London has many squarish engravings on it in the ancient Language. Two replicas of the Sphix have also been constructed near it in bronze. Tuthmosis, the kind from whose reign it belongs to has also been honoured in the engravings.
In the middle of a modern city you see this ancient structure that has weathered through time for so long. It is certainly a marvel and if nothing else it is something you should at least pass by and admire. It is quite literally a piece of Egypt in London.
- The Embankment Area where the needle is located is fairly close to the central area of Trafalgar Square as well as the Big Ben in case you want to combine trips.
- Golden Jubilee Bridges stop/96 station
- Adam Street Boyds of London Terroirs
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in London before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in London and book an accommodation of your choice.
3.57% of people who visit London include Cleopatra's Needle in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
31.25% of people start their Cleopatra's Needle visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Cleopatra's Needle
50% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cleopatra's Needle