Events and Festivals in London
- Notting Hill Carnival: Europe’s biggest street party attracts more than one million people, with colorful costumes, live music and the vibrancy of Caribbean culture. The event is held on a bank holiday in summer.
- Live Comedy: If you are a fan of the legendary British wit, London hosts more live comedy than any other city in the world. From hosting new talent in the backrooms of pubs to the likes of Ricky Gervais, Chris Rock and Steve Coogan performing in major arenas a good laugh is not hard to come by.
- Music: Wilton’s Music Hall in the city is the world’s oldest surviving Music Hall, built in 1743 and still a living piece of London’s musical history. In the last 5 years, London based artists like Adele, Coldplay and Amy Winehouse have been the world's best-selling recording artists and have amassed £1.9 billion last year in worldwide sales, up from £1.83 billion in 2010.
- There can be more than 17,000 music performances a year across London's 300+ venues including the O2 arena- the world's most popular music venue for the last five years running.
- Theatre: Theatre is extremely important to the culture of London. Going to the theatre to watch a play is a grand event. Many movie stars today have risen in the ranks in the London West end which is often called “Theatreland” to reach their current status.
- From the first performance of Shakespeare at The Globe in 1599 there are now at least 200 shows to choose from every day across West End including current hits like Matilda and War Horse.
- Sports: Football fans must know the iconic “Stamford Bridge”, the home ground of Chelsea football club. This stadium is a sight to see in itself but this is made better if you can score a few tickets to watch an exciting match.
- Head of the River Race: A super-fun River Race which is annually conducted in the month of March, attend this event to witness 400 crews of eights rowing from the 4¼ mile Thames Championship Course from Mortlake to Putney. This is one of the major London events and is held on the Third or Fourth Saturday of March.
- St. Patrick’s Day celebration: Held on 17th of March, St. Patrick’s Day is how the Irish do it! Fun and frolic, a Parade with pageants, marching bands, sports and dance and lot to celebrate about; St. Patrick’s Day is an interesting affair. You can celebrate the festival in Trafalgar square and relish the Irish food while you enjoy the films and arts festival or go partying in city’s pubs and bars decorated in green- the official colour of the fest.
- Mother’s day: London City celebrates motherhood on the second Sunday of March and there are special discounts for mum and child duo on attractions, tourist rides and many other fun activities. Celebrate Mother’s day in London, make your Mom feel special!
- Threshold Festival: Threshold festival of Music and Arts is held in Liverpool annually in the month of March. This three-day long festival is dedicated to collaboration of grass-roots music, first view visual arts and innovative performances to contribute to the field of arts and music.
- Seaside Rock: Considered as Cornwall’s very own BIG tribute weekender, Seaside rock is an all weather indoor music festival held in March which sees the performances dedicated to the top bands of UK and USA.
- Bangor Music festival: This music Festival celebrates new contemporary with electro-acoustic, jazz, rock and experimental performances from various acts and is held in March.
Trip plans for London
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of London
London Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of London
Save 10%Stonehenge Inner Circle Access Day Trip from London Including Oxford and Windsor Castle104 Reviews
Duration: 10 Hrs
Enjoy exclusive access to the inner stone circle at Stonehenge on this day tour from London, and choose from a morning or aft...
London Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Entry to Over 60 Attractions1030 Reviews
Discover the joy of sightseeing with the London Pass, and enjoy free entry to over 80 of its world-class sites like Westminst...Book Now
Save 7%The Original London Sightseeing Tour: Hop-on Hop-off2664 Reviews
Duration: 1 Days
Discover top London attractions at your leisure on this flexible open dated hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour of London. With t...
Save 8%Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne Lunch on the Eiffel Tower488 Reviews
Duration: 14 Hrs 30 Mins
Enjoy an unforgettable day in the French capital on this luxury day trip from London to Paris, with an included Champagne lun...
- Events & Festivals in Reading
- Events & Festivals in Hove
- Events & Festivals in Cambridge
- Events & Festivals in Oxford
- Events & Festivals in Canterbury
- Events & Festivals in Winchester