How to Reach London, United Kingdom
The Easiest Way to Reach London
HOW TO GET TO LONDON
- By Air: London being an extremely popular city is obviously well connected by road, railways and airways. The London Heathrow Airport boasts of being able to cater to the largest number of international passengers every year.
- By Train: London is well connected to the other cities in England by rail system that is extremely efficient. Also, it is the best way to commute around London as you get to see beautiful landscapes and sceneries.
HOW TO GET AROUND LONDON
- By Car: Hiring a car in London might not be the best idea. It is rather expensive and besides, there is hardly ever any parking space. It might be much better to just walk around as many attractions are within walking distance of each other. You can plan a nice walking tour in London.
- By Bus: There is also 24 hour bus service. The public transport system is extremely reliable and well-planned so you can count on it.
- By Cycle: If you are a fitness-freak, cycling might also be a good option for you. Cycling is slowly becoming very popular as a fast and cheap method of transportation in London.
- By Tube: You should include in your London trip planner a ride in the London Tube. Easy to travel by, you won't have to worry about getting lost as routes are well planned and available on the London Tube map.
You can also opt for a tour which will take you around the famous places to go in London by bus or try the London Pass.
Are you looking for a London travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in London
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in London. The most preferred mode of transport in London is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 16.27 km Average time: 47.24 min
Train/Metro 42.76%Train 36.81 min Walking 10.44 min Waiting 6.13 min Bus 2.34 min Tram 0.32 min Other 0.27 min Overall average time for 20.35 kms 56.31 min
Car 11.72%Driving 46.41 min Walking 1.29 min Overall average time for 24.19 kms 47.71 min
Bike 8.97%Bike 31 min Other 0.38 min Walking 0.08 min Overall average time for 9.36 kms 31.46 min
Tram/Streetcar 0.69%Tram 56 min Walking 30 min Overall average time for 17.7 kms 86 min
Walking 16.55%Walking 22.08 min Train 5.58 min Waiting 1.5 min Other 0.25 min Bus 0.21 min Overall average time for 5.52 kms 29.63 min
Bus/Trolleybus 11.03%Bus 34 min Walking 7.88 min Waiting 5.75 min Train 1.56 min Overall average time for 13.99 kms 49.19 min
Motorbike 1.38%Motorbike 40 min Walking 1.5 min Overall average time for 13.52 kms 41.5 min
How to Reach London from Nearby Cities
|Camberwell to London||5.7 km||31 mins|
|Islington to London||5.95 km||9 mins|
|Kensington to London||6 km||16 mins|
|Bethnal Green to London||7.22 km||7 mins|
|Stoke Newington to London||7.92 km||7 mins|
|Hornsey to London||8.89 km||8 mins|
|Cricklewood to London||10.73 km||17 mins|
|Wood Green to London||10.91 km||21 mins|
|Leyton to London||12.33 km||20 mins|
|Chiswick to London||15.65 km||15 mins|
- How to reach Cambridge
- How to reach Canterbury
- How to reach Northampton
- How to reach Southampton
- How to reach Bath
- How to reach Bristol
- How to reach Weymouth
- How to reach Exeter
- How to reach Manchester
- How to reach Edinburgh
- How to reach Liverpool
- How to reach St Andrews
- How to reach Plymouth
- How to reach Leeds