How to Reach London
How to reach London
- By Air: London being an extremely popular city is obviously well connected by road, railways and airways. The London Heathrow Airport boasts of being able to cater to the largest number of international passengers every year.
- By Train: London is well connected to the other cities in England by rail system that is extremely efficient. Also, it is the best way to commute around London as you get to see beautiful landscapes and sceneries.
- By Car: Hiring a car in London might not be the best idea. It is rather expensive and besides, there is hardly ever any parking space. It might be much better to just walk around as many attractions are within walking distance of each other. You can plan a nice walking tour in London.
- By Bus: There is also 24 hour bus service. The public transport system is extremely reliable and well-planned so you can count on it.
- By Cycle: If you are a fitness-freak, cycling might also be a good option for you. Cycling is slowly becoming very popular as a fast and cheap method of transportation in London.
- By Tube: You should include in your London trip planner a ride in the London Tube. Easy to travel by, you won't have to worry about getting lost as routes are well planned and available on the London Tube map.
You can also opt for a tour which will take you around the famous places to go in London by bus or try the London Pass.
Modes of Transportation in London
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in London. The most preferred mode of transport in London is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 17.05 km Average time: 48.36 min
Train/Metro 41.38%Train 38.44 min Walking 11.02 min Waiting 6.46 min Bus 2.29 min Tram 0.42 min Other 0.31 min Overall average time for 22.4 kms 58.94 min
Car 12.07%Driving 49.57 min Walking 1.21 min Overall average time for 25.46 kms 50.79 min
Bus/Trolleybus 9.48%Bus 32.64 min Walking 8.18 min Waiting 5.55 min Train 1.82 min Overall average time for 12.25 kms 48.18 min
Tram/Streetcar 0.86%Tram 56 min Walking 30 min Overall average time for 17.7 kms 86 min
Walking 16.38%Walking 22.79 min Train 4.79 min Waiting 1.37 min Other 0.32 min Bus 0.26 min Overall average time for 5.02 kms 29.53 min
Bike 10.34%Bike 30.67 min Other 0.42 min Walking 0.08 min Overall average time for 9.31 kms 31.17 min
Motorbike 0.86%Motorbike 35 min Overall average time for 15.77 kms 35 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Nottingham
- How To Reach Winchester
- How To Reach Abbotsbury
- How To Reach Belfast
- How To Reach Bournemouth
- How To Reach Portsmouth
- How To Reach Reading
- How To Reach Cardiff
- How To Reach Whitby
- How To Reach Dunvegan
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Edinburgh
- How To Reach Manchester
- How To Reach Bath
- How To Reach Liverpool
- How To Reach St Andrews
- How To Reach Bristol
- How To Reach Plymouth
- How To Reach Leeds
- How To Reach Southampton
- How To Reach Northampton