How to Reach London
HOW TO GET TO LONDON
- By Air: London being an extremely popular city is obviously well connected by road, railways and airways. The London Heathrow Airport boasts of being able to cater to the largest number of international passengers every year.
- By Train: London is well connected to the other cities in England by rail system that is extremely efficient. Also, it is the best way to commute around London as you get to see beautiful landscapes and sceneries.
HOW TO GET AROUND LONDON
- By Car: Hiring a car in London might not be the best idea. It is rather expensive and besides, there is hardly ever any parking space. It might be much better to just walk around as many attractions are within walking distance of each other. You can plan a nice walking tour in London.
- By Bus: There is also 24 hour bus service. The public transport system is extremely reliable and well-planned so you can count on it.
- By Cycle: If you are a fitness-freak, cycling might also be a good option for you. Cycling is slowly becoming very popular as a fast and cheap method of transportation in London.
- By Tube: You should include in your London trip planner a ride in the London Tube. Easy to travel by, you won't have to worry about getting lost as routes are well planned and available on the London Tube map.
You can also opt for a tour which will take you around the famous places to go in London by bus or try the London Pass.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in London. The most preferred mode of transport in London is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 14.9 km Average time: 45.12 min
Train/Metro 43.46%Train 36.74 min Walking 11.58 min Waiting 6.23 min Bus 1.97 min Other 0.18 min Overall average time for 19.48 kms 56.7 min
Car 11.21%Driving 44.5 min Walking 1.13 min Overall average time for 22.54 kms 45.63 min
Bike 9.35%Bike 28.9 min Other 0.35 min Walking 0.2 min Overall average time for 8.67 kms 29.45 min
Walking 18.69%Walking 20.53 min Train 5.1 min Waiting 1.18 min Other 0.15 min Bus 0.13 min Motorbike 0.08 min Driving 0.03 min Overall average time for 4.8 kms 27.18 min
Bus/Trolleybus 9.35%Bus 34.2 min Walking 7.95 min Waiting 5.25 min Train 1.25 min Overall average time for 13.23 kms 48.65 min
Motorbike 1.87%Motorbike 35 min Walking 0.75 min Overall average time for 10.06 kms 35.75 min