Hunterian Museum381 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Royal College of Surgeons, 35-43 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London, WC2A 3PE, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-2078696560
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Science Museums, Specialty Museums
The Hunterian museum in London is located inside a grand building of the Royal College of Surgeons. It exhibits a collection of pioneering surgeon John Hunter that includes pickled creatures in jars and fascinating deformed skeletons. Further, there are 3,500 anatomical and pathological preparations, fossils, paintings and drawings and specimens donated by Edward Jenner and Sir Joseph Banks. Apart from the old equipment for surgery, even the contemporary and future ones are kept in display. Visit this museum if you wish to understand the art and science of surgery.
Hunterian Museum Travel Tips
- The museum is available to hire for evening receptions in conjunction with the other facilities on offer in the College.
Entrance Ticket Details For Hunterian Museum
- For Groups: All groups must book in advance.
- Admission is free but a donation of £3 per person is encouraged.
Hunterian Museum Hours
- The Museum and the College of Surgeons close annually for Good Friday, Easter Saturday and from Christmas Eve to New Years Day inclusive, reopening on the first working day.
How to Reach Hunterian Museum
- By Underground Tube: The nearest Tube station is Holborn (Piccadilly and Central Lines). It takes about 10 minutes to walk from the station to the museum.
- By Bus: Kingsway (travelling north and south): 1, 59, 68, 91, 168, 171, 188, 243, 521
- By Rail: The nearest stations are Kings Cross St. Pancras, Euston, Waterloo and Charing Cross. It takes about 20-30 minutes to walk from each to the College.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in London before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in London and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.69% of people who visit London include Hunterian Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
75.95% of people start their Hunterian Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Hunterian Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hunterian Museum