Lancaster House6 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Stable Yard, St. James's, London SW1A 1BB, UK, United Kingdom Map
- Phone: +44-2070082711
- Tags: Architecture , Mansion, Landmarks, Buildings And Structures
A 19th century mansion, formerly known as Stafford House, the Lancaster House is a relic and landmark in its own right. The construction began in 1825, when it was commissioned to be built by the Duke of Albany. Changing many hands and owners over the years, the massive structure is one of the most prominent buildings in London. With grand interiors, a massive central hall, and the most top-order embellishments fit for a palace of this stature, the Lancaster House is an excellent representation of the opulence of the British royals. The house has been the venue of 2 G7 summits, and as recently as 2017 was used by Prime Minister Theresa May as the venue for the now commonly known as Lancaster House Speech. This London landmark must be seen!
- Lancaster House Address: Stable Yard, St. James's, London SW1A 1BB, UK, United Kingdom
- Lancaster House Contact Number: +44-2070082711
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.01% of people who visit London include Lancaster House in their plan
95% of people start their Lancaster House visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Lancaster House
95% of people prefer walking in order to reach Lancaster House
People normally club together St James's Park and Churchill War Rooms while planning their visit to Lancaster House.
Lancaster House Reviews & Ratings
Hello, Could you please advise me as to the entrance fee to visit Lancaster House? Many thanks Patty BeesleyAnswer Report Abuse