Palace Of Westminster, London
Palace Of Westminster, London - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Westminster, London SW1A 0AA, United Kingdom
Ticket Price: 19 GBP
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 191.4K times in trip plans
Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Palace Of Westminster, London
The Houses of Parliament are housed in the Westminster Hall which has a history of being the seat of the ruling government in London, a tradition started by King Edward. Besides being the setting for important decision-making, this palace is also incredibly beautiful.
The interiors are intricately decorated with classical drapes, carpets and chandeliers. The glass work on the windows is also very pretty. After a devastating fire the whole palace had to be revamped in the 19th Century so the work is somewhat newer but still has an old-worldly charm to it.
At certain times visitors are allowed to enter and observe the running of the legislative body. For a taste of history, political flair and current affairs, the houses are a must see spot.
Palace Of Westminster Information
- Saturdays from 09:15am to 04:30pm.
- Toilets are clean and efficient.
- The food in the canteen is available at affordable rates.
- Audio and guided tours inside the Houses of Parliament take place on Saturdays throughout the year and on most weekdays during holiday periods including Easter, Summer and Christmas.
- Do not carry any sharp objects, deodorants, spray cans etc into this venue. Airport-like Security Checks take place before you enter.
- Tactile tours for the visually impaired are available.
- Do check out the souvenir shop for cheeky souvenirs.
Palace Of Westminster Ticket Prices
- Tourists can only visit this place through the guided tours which are paid and take place every 15 minutes on most Saturdays between 09:15 am and 04:30 pm Adults: £16.50
- Concessions (students, over 60s and members of the armed forces): £14
- Children (5-15 years): One child free with each paying adult, but will require a ticket for admission. £7 for each additional child; Children (under 5): Free, but will require a ticket for admission.
- For detailed pricing and offers, please check the official website.
Palace Of Westminster Opening and Closing Hours
- Operations are closed on Saturdays and sundays but tours are available.
How To reach Palace Of Westminster by Public Transport
- Parliament Square in Victoria Street.
- Underground: Westminster Station, Use Circle, Jubilee or District Lines
- Train: Charring Cross Nad Waterloo Stations are 20 minutes away.
Restaurants Near Palace Of Westminster
- Boyds of London Bangalore St. Stephen’s Tavern Pub.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in London before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in London and book an accommodation of your choice.
Palace Of Westminster Sightseeing Tours
Palace Of Westminster Cruises
Palace Of Westminster, London Reviews - Write a Review
Guided tour very informative. Covered history and function. Westminster Hall is amazing (the only medieval part). Takes about 2 hours. Security strict understandably. Didn't have time for café.
Beautiful architecture, and lots more of it in the neighbourhood. Big Ben just around the corner, but is under construction and all wrapped up.
One of the most heavily garded museums in the world,"way to costly" perhaps this location will become a international centre for world peace in the future.
A despicable den of sex pestery and fiddling of absolutely everything from expenses to children. The far from honorable members of this place need dispatching to the Kintyre Peninsula to live out their days well away from any decent people and amongst their own sordid kind.
Audio tour was very interesting and really complements the environment. All of the staff were really helpful. Great to see both chambers where so many laws are made.