Palace Of Westminster
Tours for Palace Of Westminster
About Palace Of Westminster, London
The Houses of Parliament are housed in the Westminster Hall which has a history of being the seat of the ruling government in London, a tradition started by King Edward. Besides being the setting for important decision-making, this palace is also incredibly beautiful.
The interiors are intricately decorated with classical drapes, carpets and chandeliers. The glass work on the windows is also very pretty. After a devastating fire the whole palace had to be revamped in the 19th Century so the work is somewhat newer but still has an old-worldly charm to it.
At certain times visitors are allowed to enter and observe the running of the legislative body. For a taste of history, political flair and current affairs, the houses are a must see spot.
Palace Of Westminster Information
- Saturdays from 09:15am to 04:30pm.
- Toilets are clean and efficient.
- The food in the canteen is available at affordable rates.
- Audio and guided tours inside the Houses of Parliament take place on Saturdays throughout the year and on most weekdays during holiday periods including Easter, Summer and Christmas.
- Do not carry any sharp objects, deodorants, spray cans etc into this venue. Airport-like Security Checks take place before you enter.
- Tactile tours for the visually impaired are available.
- Do check out the souvenir shop for cheeky souvenirs.
Palace Of Westminster Tickets Prices
- Tourists can only visit this place through the guided tours which are paid and take place every 15 minutes on most Saturdays between 09:15 am and 04:30 pm Adults: £16.50
- Concessions (students, over 60s and members of the armed forces): £14
- Children (5-15 years): One child free with each paying adult, but will require a ticket for admission. £7 for each additional child; Children (under 5): Free, but will require a ticket for admission.
- For detailed pricing and offers, please check the official website.
Palace Of Westminster Opening and Closing Hours
- Operations are closed on Saturdays and sundays but tours are available.
How To Get To Palace Of Westminster by Public Transport
- Parliament Square in Victoria Street.
- Underground: Westminster Station, Use Circle, Jubilee or District Lines
- Train: Charring Cross Nad Waterloo Stations are 20 minutes away.
Restaurants Near Palace Of Westminster
- Boyds of London Bangalore St. Stephen’s Tavern Pub.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in London before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in London and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Westminster, London SW1A 0AA, United Kingdom
Ticket Price: 19 GBP
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 190.9K times in trip plans
Historical Site, Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Palace Of Westminster Tickets And Tours
This tour will take you to the most iconic landmarks in London: Buckingham Palace, Changing of the Guard, Big Ben, St Paul's Cathedral the Tower of London and many others. Get the most out of London by having a fully private and customized tour. Take the hassle out of your visit, relax and enjoy the city.
When people imagine London this is the part of central that usually comes to mind - Big Ben, the Houses of parliament, Westminster Abbey, the imposing edifices of Oxford Street, Trafalgar Square with Nelson's column looking out over it all, and the renowned stone market of Covent Garden. On this tour you will not only get to experience this part of iconic London, but with the perspective of a local you will also get to enjoy all the lesser known buildings, secluded squares, idyllic less travelled walks, and charming, narrow cobbled streets that hide behind one of the word's most glorious city spaces.
On this private London Historical Walking Tour you can discover the jewels of London and it's most popular British museum. Take the time to get to know London intimately with a half-day excursion and a private tour guide dedicated to revealing not just the most famous landmarks but the most hidden secrets of London history too.
Enjoy a fun filled, adrenaline fuelled experience, enjoy sightseeing, speed and awesome aquabatics. This 50 minute experience passes some of London's most iconic sights. Sit back and take in the view as the journey travels under Londonâs famous bridges including the most modern, Millennium Bridge, and the world renowned Tower Bridge on the way to the fast zone. Stay alert because the sights really do come thick and fast on this stretch of the river. Once past Tower Bridge the boat is heading for speed and the experienced skippers will show you what these boats can do.
Share your experience - Rate Palace Of Westminster, London
Guided tour very informative. Covered history and function. Westminster Hall is amazing (the only medieval part). Takes about 2 hours. Security strict understandably. Didn't have time for café.
Audio tour was very interesting and really complements the environment. All of the staff were really helpful. Great to see both chambers where so many laws are made.
Really place to go. Traditional British furniture. I went there for some news work of dailyroyal.co.uk feature article.
Theresa May is a tyrant. I roasted Winston Churchill. British are nice, except big ben
Visited with the local youth council during the Easter holidays. It was very easy to get to the building, but finding the entrance wasn't the clearest, although this is understandable, as it is a very high security building. Once inside, it was very easy to work out where we needed to be. All the tours seemed to be running on time, so our tour started at the time that we expected. A very efficient process. We were shown around and told about the history of the building by our tour guide, Peter Clark. He was very knowledgeable about the building and British politics. Any questions that were asked, he knew the answer to. He also had a great sense of humour and appeared to be great with the younger children. Overall, it was an amazing visit and I would suggest it to anyone who is able to gain entry. The best way is contacting your local MP, who may be able to give you tickets free of charge.
- Nearby Attractions
- Buckingham Palace London
- Camden Lock Market
- St James's Park
- The View From The Shard
- London Underground
- Hyde Park
- St Paul's Cathedral
- Covent Garden
- Windsor Castle
- Hotels Near Palace Of Westminster
- Hotels Near Palace Of Westminster
- 5 Star Hotels Near Palace Of Westminster
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Palace Of Westminster
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Palace Of Westminster
- Budget Hotels Near Palace Of Westminster
- Cheap Hotels Near Palace Of Westminster
- Luxury Hotels Near Palace Of Westminster
- London Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in London
- 2 Days in London
- 3 Days in London
- 4 Days in London
- 5 Days in London
- 6 Days in London
- 7 Days in London