Portobello MarketCurrently Open
- Address: Portobello Rd, London W11 2DY, UK, United Kingdom Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Food And Drinks, Market, Street Market, Shopping Center, Street Food
A street in Notting Hill, Portobello Road is known the world over for its famous market. A top tourist attraction, it is a must visit when one is in London. Although there are several stalls throughout the week, the best day to visit the market is on a Saturday when all the stalls are in full swing and the market gets very busy. Perhaps the most well known street market in the world one can shop for anything from clothes, fruits and vegetables to antiques and vintage paraphernalia. A popular destination among locals and tourists alike, the Portobello Road market stretches for nearly 2- miles and is vibrant and bustling. There are several snack stalls where once can sample freshly baked pies and other goodies. Occasionally one can find some interesting and bizarre street performers who entertain shoppers as they walk around. Also, visit nearby attractions in the city which are covered in London itinerary 5 days.
Portobello Market Travel Tips
- It is a very crowded and busy market so be prepared to wait your turn at the stalls.
- The market involves a lot of walking and young children may get tired.
Portobello Market Hours
Market Timings :
- Fruit & Veg - 09:00 am to 06:00 pm (Monday To Wednesday)
- New Goods : 09:00 am to 01:00 pm (Thursday)
- Fashion Market : 09:00 am to 07:00 pm (Friday and Saturday)
- Antiques : 09:00 am to 07:00 pm (Saturday)
How to Reach Portobello Market
- Tube station: Ladbroke Grove on Circle and Hammersmith & City lines
- First Floor Restaurant
- Portobello Star
- Trailer Happiness
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in London before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in London and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Portobello Market Address: Portobello Rd, London W11 2DY, UK, United Kingdom
- Portobello Market Timing: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Time required to visit Portobello Market: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
6.2% of people who visit London include Portobello Market in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
39.73% of people start their Portobello Market visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Portobello Market
83.87% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Portobello Market
People normally club together Bleecker Victoria and Camden Locks while planning their visit to Portobello Market.