A street in Notting Hill, Portobello Road is known the world over for its famous market. A top tourist attraction, it is a must visit when one is in London. Although there are several stalls throughout the week, the best day to visit the market is on a Saturday when all the stalls are in full swing and the market gets very busy. Perhaps the most well known street market in the world one can shop for anything from clothes, fruits and vegetables to antiques and vintage paraphernalia. A popular destination among locals and tourists alike, the Portobello Road market stretches for nearly 2- miles and is vibrant and bustling. There are several snack stalls where once can sample freshly baked pies and other goodies. Occasionally one can find some interesting and bizarre street performers who entertain shoppers as they walk around. Also, visit nearby attractions in the city which are covered in London itinerary 5 days.
- It is a very crowded and busy market so be prepared to wait your turn at the stalls.
- The market involves a lot of walking and young children may get tired.
Market Timings :
- Fruit & Veg - 09:00 am to 06:00 pm (Monday To Wednesday)
- New Goods : 09:00 am to 01:00 pm (Thursday)
- Fashion Market : 09:00 am to 07:00 pm (Friday and Saturday)
- Antiques : 09:00 am to 07:00 pm (Saturday)
- Tube station: Ladbroke Grove on Circle and Hammersmith & City lines
- First Floor Restaurant
- Portobello Star
- Trailer Happiness
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in London before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in London and book an accommodation of your choice.
7.79% of people who visit London include Portobello Market in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
39.73% of people start their Portobello Market visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Portobello Market
83.87% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Portobello Market