Royal Observatory Greenwich1880 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Blackheath Ave, Greenwich, Greater London SE10 8XJ, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-2088584422
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Observatory, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Royal Observatory is the home of Greenwich Mean Time and the Prime Meridian line. It is said to be the most important historic site for tourists. Visitors can stand on both eastern and western hemisphere placing their feet on both the sides of the Prime Meridian. Royal observatory is the source of Prime Meridian of the world.
The meridian line itself divides the world from east to west and north to south. Greenwich is chosen to be the Prime Meridian of the world choosing it to be the basis of national time zone system. Many shows are conducted for the entertainment of children and elders on topics of astronomy, space, meteorite, etc.
The Planetarium and Astronomy Centre is a part of the observatory and you should definitely explore it a little more. Apart from this, as mentioned earlier the meridian line is not to be missed! Also, visit nearby attractions in the city which are covered in London itinerary 5 days.
Royal Observatory Greenwich Travel Tips
- Prices vary according to events and shows.
- Please confirm timings before your visit.
- Access to wheel chair.
- Parking facility available.
- Last admission is at 4:30 pm
- Planetarium and Astronomy Centre, Meridian line- same timings as the royal observatory.
Entrance Ticket Details For Royal Observatory Greenwich
- Please check the official website for other combinations and offers.
How to Reach Royal Observatory Greenwich
- Greenwich park
- Pavilion Tea house
- Greenwich Tavern
- The Spread eagle
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in London before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in London and book an accommodation of your choice.
2.94% of people who visit London include Royal Observatory Greenwich in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
80.77% of people start their Royal Observatory Greenwich visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Royal Observatory Greenwich
54.29% of people prefer walking in order to reach Royal Observatory Greenwich