Thames BarrierCurrently Open
- Address: 1 Unity Way, Woolwich, London, SE18 5NJ, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-2083054188
- Ticket Price: 3 GBP
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Waterfront, Walking Area
It is one of the largest moving flood barriers in the world. The Thames Barrier Park lies on the North side of the river and the exhibition with a working sized model and video demonstration is on the South side. The barrier has been closed 174 times as of July 2014 and it cost 16,000GBP to close the barrier each time. The barrier itself is visually interesting and visited by several tourists. There is also an information centre, riverside walkways, a play area for children and the Thames Barrier Cafe. The Thames Barrier Park has beautifully manicured gardens that a worth a visit. A relaxed outing for the whole family!
Entrance Ticket Details For Thames Barrier
- Adults - £3.75 (disabled £3.25 *)
- Seniors (over 60) & Students - £3.25 (disabled £2.75 *)
- Children under 16 - £2.25 ( disabled £1.75 )
- Family (up to 2 adults & 3 children) - £10.00 Under 5's Free
- Car parking fee £2.00 per car & £10.00 Coaches (Coaches free with a pre booked package)
Thames Barrier Hours
- Open to the public from 10:30 am to 5:00 pm from Thursday to Sunday (last entrance is at 4:30 pm)
- Check for group talks.
How to Reach Thames Barrier
- National Rail: Woolwich Dockyard Railway Station
- Tube Station : Woolwich Arsenal DLR for the Exhibit. Pontoon Dock on the DLR for Thames Barrier Park.
- Ferry: Barrier Gardens Pier
- Anchor & Hope
- Parsley in Time
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in London before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in London and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.88% of people who visit London include Thames Barrier in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
63.16% of people start their Thames Barrier visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Thames Barrier
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Thames Barrier
Thames Barrier Reviews & Ratings
Are there any videos of the barriers working?Answer Report Abuse
I am not sure, but you may search online for videos of Thames Barrier in operation.Report Abuse
How do the barriers work?Answer Report Abuse
The working principle of the Thames Barrier is not known. But, you may visit the information center near the barrier which has a working model, information panels, and videos that let you know why the Thames Barrier is required.Report Abuse