Westminster Abbey, London
About Westminster Abbey, London
Westminster Abbey, London - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 20 Deans Yd, London SW1P 3PA, United Kingdom
Ticket Price: 20 GBP
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 03:30 pm Details
Added 131.5K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Close to the Palace of Westminster is the Westminster Abbey. This Gothic Church is spectacular in every way. The beautiful and intricate architecture makes it a marvelous sight. But the solemn purpose of the abbey makes it a site of unparalleled importance in world history.
Several famous personalities have been buried or memorialized there. It is a beautiful church but has tremendous importance from the point of view of the people who have been immortalized there.
Of you do get a chance to visit it, you will be walking the ground where stalwarts like Sir Isaac Newton, Alfred Tennyson, Charles Dickens, Charles Darwin and many others have found their final resting place. Many others like Jane Austen, Oscar Wilde and William Shakespeare have been memorialized in the Abbey.
Usually, reserved for kings and royalty or famous personalities it also holds some unique tombs. One of them is The Grave of the “unknown warrior” that represents the countless soldiers who lost their life in the war. This amazing legacy makes this site a must-see place for the London tourist. Westminster Abbey London tourist attraction added in 4 Day London Travel Itinerary
One of the most pivotal historical structures of London, Westminster Abbey inspires awe and imagination. Owing to this fact, Westminster Abbey tickets are always in demand. While these tickets for Westminster Abbey are easily available at the attraction site, you can easily choose to skip line and have easy access through our ultimate tours. Westminster Abbey ticket prices open your doors to understand the past of the city well. Why Wait then? Hurry and book tickets for Westminster Abbey with exciting tours and matchless deals.
Westminster Abbey Information
- It is a church and a solemn resting ground. The church may ask visitors to wear a wrap if they do not think they are dressed appropriately for the church.
- Please wear proper shoes as well as some walkways are uneven.
- Photography is allowed only in the Cloisters and College Garden for personal use.
- Some areas are not accessibly by wheelchair.
- Tactile tours are available.
- Facilities for hearing-impaired visitors are also available.
Westminster Abbey Ticket Prices
- Concessions (60+ and students on production of valid student ID) : £17.00
- Children (6 - 16 years): £9.00
- Child under 5 free accompanied by an adult.
- Family (2 adults and 1 child): £40.00
- Family (2 adults and 2 children): £45.00
Group Tickets (30 visitors):
- Adults: £ 17.00
- Concessions (60+ and students on production of valid student ID) : £14.00
- Children (6 - 16 years): £7.00
- Child under 5 free accompanied by an adult.
Westminster Abbey Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed on during ceremonial events.
- Timings differ greatly. Please confirm them on web before you plan your visit.
How To reach Westminster Abbey by Public Transport
- Underground: Saint James Park Tube Station, Use District or Circle Lines.
Restaurants Near Westminster Abbey
- Boyds of London Bangalore
- Premier Inn London County Hall
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in London before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in London and book an accommodation of your choice.
Westminster Abbey, London Reviews - Write a Review
Definitely a must see especially if you have the London Pass! Definitely use the audio guide which comes in dozens of languages and the pamphlet. Do the short audio version which takes 90 minutes but totally worth it! It goes over the architecture, history, kings, queens, coronation chair, and famous people s' graves! You cannot take pictures inside but prepare to be amazed! Not open on Sundays due to services. Also get there early or right on time otherwise you have to wait in a long line.
Westminster Abbey was so fun. It was very quick to get in and very cheap. I loved all the history and all the statues. I really recommend this for people visiting London. 100% AWESOME
A beautiful place of peace and spirituality. Whether Christian or other or none faith well worth a visit just to be amazed by the work of the master craftsmen whose talent shines through down through the centuries .....
I came here with my church group of 20 people. You are not allowed to wear clothing that cares your shoulders or anything above the knee. Sandals are allowed. We arrived at 2 pm, which is the time the church is open to the public. Overall, the architecture was interesting but we found it boring although we know of the significance of the church. There was a monk at the back praying in a pretty accessible room. He was very still and scared a lot of us when he moved and turned around. It was very eery. We then went to see the confession rooms, then followed a path at the back to a viewpoint.
Beautiful church in the grand style both outside and inside. Incredible acoustics, impressive decor and a landmark historical building.
- Nearby Attractions
- Bateaux London
- National Maritime Museum
- Primrose Hill
- King's Cross
- Regent Street
- Abbey Road
- Leicester Square
- Royal Academy Of Arts
- Westfield London
- London Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in London
- What to See in 48 Hours in London
- What to See in 72 Hours in London
- How to Spend 5 Days in London
- How to Spend 6 Days in London
- How to Spend 7 Days in London