Zsl London Zoo
Tours for Zsl London Zoo
About Zsl London Zoo, London
Take a walk across the oldest and the largest scientific Zoological Society of London Zoo waving hands to the Zsl London Zoo animals with the aid of Zsl London Zoo tickets. Although you can buy tickets for Zsl London Zoo from the zoo management in direct, we recommend you to book tickets for Zsl London Zoo in advance as there are great deals on Zsl London Zoo ticket prices and the tickets for Zsl London Zoo from our tickets section also come with extra perks.
Also referred to as Regent’s Zoo, it is the oldest scientific zoo in the world. Established in 1828 and opened to public in 1847, today the zoo has over 16,000 animals belonging to over 700 species. It is one of the largest collections of animals in the United Kingdom. Zoo’s main attractions and exhibits are:
- Gorilla Kingdom: Several species of monkeys and Gorillas.
- Into Africa: African theme with animals like zebras, giraffes and pygmy hippos.
- Rainforest Life and Nightlife: Rainforest animals including marmosets, sloths, armadillos and nocturnal animals like bats, Australian water rats and blind cave fish.
- The Mappin Terraces/The Outback: Australian themed habitat with red kangaroos, emus and wallabies.
- Land of the Lions: Due to open in 2015 and designed to resemble India’s Gir Forest.
- The Aquarium: The first aquarium in the world, home to several fish and aquatic animals.
- Animal Adventure: Aimed at young children with several playgrounds and domestic animals like pigs, sheep, goats and rabbits.
- Tiger Territory: A Sumatran Tiger enclosure with plant life from Indonesia.
- The Reptile House: One of the most famous buildings in the zoo, houses king cobras, boas black mambas and many more reptiles and snakes.
- Giants of the Galapagos: Home to 5 Giant Galapagos Tortoises.
- Komodo Dragons: Indonesia’s Komodo Dragons are found here in an artificially created habitat similar to their home.
- B.U.G.S: Stands for Biodiversity Underpinning Global Survival and is a informative display of several invertebrates and insects.
- Penguin Beach: A large penguin pool with Humboldt penguins, as well as a single male rockhopper penguin.
- Meet the Monkeys: Black-capped squirrel monkeys roam freely here with no barriers between them and visitors.
- Butterfly Paradise: Several species of butterflies and moths from around the world.
- African Bird Safari: A walk through exhibit with exotic African birds.
- Snowdon Aviary: Several gulls, ibises and egrets can be found here.
- Blackburn Pavilion: A rainforest themed tropical bird aviary.
There are also several experiences and interactive activities conducted by the zoo for visitors. This is a most frequently visited sightseeing place in London especially if you are with your kids.
Go on a ZSL London Zoo Sunset Safari and a Guided Tour at the zoo for a remarkable experience. For those who missed out, you can book yourself a Zsl london zoo virtual tours. Further, Zsl london zoo history tours is also available on the zoo premises.
If you want to know more about how to plan a day trip to zsl london zoo then take help of travel guide London and make a enjoy your day trip.
ZSL London Zoo stampede conducted by the zoo management is one of the popular events in the world. zsl london zoo is one of the main tourist attractions to visit and should definitely feature in you London Itinerary 2 Weeks and London Itinerary 10 Days
Zsl London Zoo Information
- The zoo is vast and requires a long time to cover, plan accordingly.
- Do not feed animals unless permitted by the zoo authorities.
- Check out the info on Zsl London Zoo tickets and Zsl London Zoo prices provided.
- Parking facility is also available at the zoo.
Zsl London Zoo Tickets Prices
- Children (3-15 years) : £17.50
- Entry is free for Children under 3 years.
- Concessions (senior -60 or over, student & disabled adult.) : £20.70
How To Get To Zsl London Zoo by Public Transport
- Tube Station : Regents Park on the Bakerloo Line
- Just double check the coordinates and the address before heading to the zoo.
Restaurants Near Zsl London Zoo
- The Garden Cafe
- Cow & Coffee Bean
- Mumtaz Restaurant
- Aston Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in London before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in London and book an accommodation of your choice.
Book Zsl London Zoo Tickets And Tours
Step into the mystical world of Harry Potterâ¢ with a behind-the-scenes visit to Warner Bros. Studio London. With luxury round-trip transport from London Victoria to the north London studios included, this 5-hour experience enables you to discover the magic of the Harry Potter films without any hassle. After a relaxing journey, explore film sets like the Ministry of Magic and Diagon Alley, and see incredible costumes, props and more. Youâll also be able to pose for photos at Platform 9 Â¾ and stand next to the original âHogwarts Express.â
See London on a full-day sightseeing tour of the city, led by a guide. Hear the history of top London attractions like Westminster Abbey and Big Ben, and receive fast-track entry and a guided tour of St Paulâs Cathedral. After the sightseeing tour, watch the Changing of the Guard Ceremony at Buckingham Palace and tour the Tower of London. As a bonus, this experience also includes a one-way River Thames sightseeing cruise, which can be used on the day or another time. Upgrade to include a flexible London Eye ticket to be used on any day you wish.
Visit Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon and medieval Warwick Castle on this action-packed, full-day trip from London. From the comfort of a first-class, luxury coach, make your way out of the capital to three of Englandâs most-visited places. Enjoy a walking tour of Oxford, home to one of the worldâs most prestigious universities. Pass through the idyllic Cotswolds, a region officially designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Visit Stratford-upon-Avon, the charming birthplace of William Shakespeare. Then, travel back to the Middle Ages with a trip to magnificent Warwick Castle.
This Royal Tour of London takes in many of the royal highlights of London, including Westminster Abbey where Prince William and Kate Middleton, where married on April 29, 2011. You will also see Kensington Palace, where Diana, Princess of Wales, lived. Finally, you will experience the famous Changing of the Guard ceremony outside Buckingham Palace, then spend the afternoon exploring London at your leisure.
Share your experience - Rate Zsl London Zoo, London
It's an iconic 'must do attraction' been many times. Long day out but worth it. Yes it is pricey if you take a family but think about what you get for the experience some of the greatest animals on the planet. Some parts show it's age some new enclosures are great.
Great place to discover a wide and varied amount of animals, invertebrates, reptiles and more. Totally would recommend the scheduled events throughout the day that you can do from animal feeding to learning about the animals up close with the great ZSL staff. Only downside is refreshments and snacks are very expensive so bring a few bits in with you inc. water and fruit. Facilities are clean and well kept and they're everywhere should you need to go.
I love the zoo! Fantastic day out, the prices of the tickets are a bit expensive but it is a fantastic day out once in a while! Zoo dates is definitely a recommendation for the adults over the summer.
Great zoo, much larger than I expected most of the animals you'd want to see are here! Good for kids and adults as well. Right in the heart of London and Regent's Park.
What an awful waste of time and money. Place is full of old cages and tired animals. And the price is astronomical. We paid over £100 for the family of four. For that kind of money you expect much more than there is to offer. For example aviary cages was built probably by William the conqueror and housed prisoners of some sort. In our local park we have much better ones and it is free to look at them. And i had bigger aquarium at my house when i was a kid.Other displays not much better, amateurish at least. For this kind of money you can visit Flamingo land in Yorkshire and get to go on all of the rides for free. And there is loads of great animals as well. And in Yorkshire anyone who trying to charge you for can of pop £1.85 is fed to lions in the nearby zoo . Same if you try to sell your burgers to people for £8.50 or fish and chips for a tenner. Don't waste your time and most importantly money going to London zoo, better buy some beers and bindge watch discovery channel at home.
- Nearby Attractions
- Buckingham Palace London
- Palace Of Westminster
- Camden Lock Market
- St James's Park
- The View From The Shard
- London Underground
- Hyde Park
- St Paul's Cathedral
- Covent Garden
- Hotels Near Zsl London Zoo
- Hotels Near Zsl London Zoo
- 5 Star Hotels Near Zsl London Zoo
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Zsl London Zoo
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Zsl London Zoo
- Budget Hotels Near Zsl London Zoo
- Cheap Hotels Near Zsl London Zoo
- Luxury Hotels Near Zsl London Zoo
- London Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in London
- 2 Days in London
- 3 Days in London
- 4 Days in London
- 5 Days in London
- 6 Days in London
- 7 Days in London