Zsl London Zoo, London
Zsl London Zoo, London - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Regent's Park, London NW1 4RY, United Kingdom
Ticket Price: 23 GBP
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 43.4K times in trip plans
Zoo, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Zsl London Zoo, London
Take a walk across the oldest and the largest scientific Zoological Society of London Zoo waving hands to the Zsl London Zoo animals with the aid of Zsl London Zoo tickets. Although you can buy tickets for Zsl London Zoo from the zoo management in direct, we recommend you to book tickets for Zsl London Zoo in advance as there are great deals on Zsl London Zoo ticket prices and the tickets for Zsl London Zoo from our tickets section also come with extra perks.
Also referred to as Regent’s Zoo, it is the oldest scientific zoo in the world. Established in 1828 and opened to public in 1847, today the zoo has over 16,000 animals belonging to over 700 species. It is one of the largest collections of animals in the United Kingdom. Zoo’s main attractions and exhibits are:
- Gorilla Kingdom: Several species of monkeys and Gorillas.
- Into Africa: African theme with animals like zebras, giraffes and pygmy hippos.
- Rainforest Life and Nightlife: Rainforest animals including marmosets, sloths, armadillos and nocturnal animals like bats, Australian water rats and blind cave fish.
- The Mappin Terraces/The Outback: Australian themed habitat with red kangaroos, emus and wallabies.
- Land of the Lions: Due to open in 2015 and designed to resemble India’s Gir Forest.
- The Aquarium: The first aquarium in the world, home to several fish and aquatic animals.
- Animal Adventure: Aimed at young children with several playgrounds and domestic animals like pigs, sheep, goats and rabbits.
- Tiger Territory: A Sumatran Tiger enclosure with plant life from Indonesia.
- The Reptile House: One of the most famous buildings in the zoo, houses king cobras, boas black mambas and many more reptiles and snakes.
- Giants of the Galapagos: Home to 5 Giant Galapagos Tortoises.
- Komodo Dragons: Indonesia’s Komodo Dragons are found here in an artificially created habitat similar to their home.
- B.U.G.S: Stands for Biodiversity Underpinning Global Survival and is a informative display of several invertebrates and insects.
- Penguin Beach: A large penguin pool with Humboldt penguins, as well as a single male rockhopper penguin.
- Meet the Monkeys: Black-capped squirrel monkeys roam freely here with no barriers between them and visitors.
- Butterfly Paradise: Several species of butterflies and moths from around the world.
- African Bird Safari: A walk through exhibit with exotic African birds.
- Snowdon Aviary: Several gulls, ibises and egrets can be found here.
- Blackburn Pavilion: A rainforest themed tropical bird aviary.
There are also several experiences and interactive activities conducted by the zoo for visitors. This is a most frequently visited sightseeing place in London especially if you are with your kids.
Go on a ZSL London Zoo Sunset Safari and a Guided Tour at the zoo for a remarkable experience. For those who missed out, you can book yourself a Zsl london zoo virtual tours. Further, Zsl london zoo history tours is also available on the zoo premises.
If you want to know more about how to plan a day trip to zsl london zoo then take help of travel guide London and make a enjoy your day trip.
ZSL London Zoo stampede conducted by the zoo management is one of the popular events in the world. zsl london zoo is one of the main tourist attractions to visit and should definitely feature in you London Itinerary 2 Weeks and London Itinerary 10 Days
Zsl London Zoo Information
- The zoo is vast and requires a long time to cover, plan accordingly.
- Do not feed animals unless permitted by the zoo authorities.
- Check out the info on Zsl London Zoo tickets and Zsl London Zoo prices provided.
- Parking facility is also available at the zoo.
Zsl London Zoo Ticket Prices
- Children (3-15 years) : £17.50
- Entry is free for Children under 3 years.
- Concessions (senior -60 or over, student & disabled adult.) : £20.70
How To reach Zsl London Zoo by Public Transport
- Tube Station : Regents Park on the Bakerloo Line
- Just double check the coordinates and the address before heading to the zoo.
Restaurants Near Zsl London Zoo
- The Garden Cafe
- Cow & Coffee Bean
- Mumtaz Restaurant
- Aston Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in London before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in London and book an accommodation of your choice.
Zsl London Zoo, London Reviews - Write a Review
We had the best day out downtown in London as a birthday present for our little girl. We've seen a lots of animals and insects of all over the world. Whenever you gi there better go earlier in the morning to have enough time to see everything in the zoo because it is huge and it takes a lot of time to walk around it
An outstanding experience been there three times and each time there was a better surprise. Any animal you want to see they have and best of all they have a penguin show. It is the best thing there. I personally would rate it higher than a 5. I would recommend to anyone who asks me about it.
Great experience....would definitely visit again as some animals were inside or sleeping. Its great to see them free to wonder throughout their enclosures which were large so they could come close or not. Staff were friendly and helpful only thing bag searches are done after you enter the park which was a bit of an inconvenience, o feel it should be done a little earlier. Getting there by bus is easy but gets packed quickly if you are traveling with buggies
We were in London for 5 days and kept this for half a day. Turned out that was too less a time to keep pace with our little one's demands (and the kid inside us, too!). We took the fast track ticket, which was good as the entry was close to where we were dropped by the cab. For the general ticket we had to walk a few hundred meters more. The zoo is divided into segments, each interesting in it's own way. Select the one's you want to see because you can't see all in a day and enjoy it too. We started with the penguins. The butterflies place was awesome. They have nice areas with washrooms and places to eat. And then they have areas for children to play! Take some time out for it too! Our daughter wanted to see giraffe and Zebra. Turned out it was to one end of the zoo (across the road via a tunnel). So we literally had to run as we had a Madame Tussaud booking for later in the day. It was a great day out and next time we will keep a day for it, weather permitting of course!
Really worth the price, especially with the 2-for-1 offer. The aquarium was really neat, so were the zones where you could walk with the animals. The otters were the cutest little things EVER. Even the hot chocolate was for a fair price. Can't judge the price of the food, as I had my own snacks with me.