Zsl London ZooCurrently Closed
- Address: Regent's Park, London NW1 4RY, United Kingdom, NW1 4RY
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +44-2074496200
- Fax: +44-02077228617
- Ticket Price: 23 GBP
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids, Social, Zoos, Aquariums And Wildlife Sanctuaries
Take a walk across the oldest and the largest scientific Zoological Society of London Zoo waving hands to the Zsl London Zoo animals with the aid of Zsl London Zoo tickets. Although you can buy tickets for Zsl London Zoo from the zoo management in direct, we recommend you to book tickets for Zsl London Zoo in advance as there are great deals on Zsl London Zoo ticket prices and the tickets for Zsl London Zoo from our tickets section also come with extra perks.
Also referred to as Regent’s Zoo, it is the oldest scientific zoo in the world. Established in 1828 and opened to public in 1847, today the zoo has over 16,000 animals belonging to over 700 species. It is one of the largest collections of animals in the United Kingdom. Zoo’s main attractions and exhibits are:
- Gorilla Kingdom: Several species of monkeys and Gorillas.
- Into Africa: African theme with animals like zebras, giraffes and pygmy hippos.
- Rainforest Life and Nightlife: Rainforest animals including marmosets, sloths, armadillos and nocturnal animals like bats, Australian water rats and blind cave fish.
- The Mappin Terraces/The Outback: Australian themed habitat with red kangaroos, emus and wallabies.
- Land of the Lions: Due to open in 2015 and designed to resemble India’s Gir Forest.
- The Aquarium: The first aquarium in the world, home to several fish and aquatic animals.
- Animal Adventure: Aimed at young children with several playgrounds and domestic animals like pigs, sheep, goats and rabbits.
- Tiger Territory: A Sumatran Tiger enclosure with plant life from Indonesia.
- The Reptile House: One of the most famous buildings in the zoo, houses king cobras, boas black mambas and many more reptiles and snakes.
- Giants of the Galapagos: Home to 5 Giant Galapagos Tortoises.
- Komodo Dragons: Indonesia’s Komodo Dragons are found here in an artificially created habitat similar to their home.
- B.U.G.S: Stands for Biodiversity Underpinning Global Survival and is a informative display of several invertebrates and insects.
- Penguin Beach: A large penguin pool with Humboldt penguins, as well as a single male rockhopper penguin.
- Meet the Monkeys: Black-capped squirrel monkeys roam freely here with no barriers between them and visitors.
- Butterfly Paradise: Several species of butterflies and moths from around the world.
- African Bird Safari: A walk through exhibit with exotic African birds.
- Snowdon Aviary: Several gulls, ibises and egrets can be found here.
- Blackburn Pavilion: A rainforest themed tropical bird aviary.
There are also several experiences and interactive activities conducted by the zoo for visitors. This is a most frequently visited sightseeing place in London especially if you are with your kids.
Go on a ZSL London Zoo Sunset Safari and a Guided Tour at the zoo for a remarkable experience. For those who missed out, you can book yourself a Zsl london zoo virtual tours. Further, Zsl london zoo history tours is also available on the zoo premises.
If you want to know more about how to plan a day trip to zsl london zoo then take help of travel guide London and make a enjoy your day trip.
ZSL London Zoo stampede conducted by the zoo management is one of the popular events in the world. zsl london zoo is one of the main tourist attractions to visit and should definitely feature in you London Itinerary 2 Weeks and London Itinerary 10 Days
- The zoo is vast and requires a long time to cover, plan accordingly.
- Do not feed animals unless permitted by the zoo authorities.
- Check out the info on Zsl London Zoo tickets and Zsl London Zoo prices provided.
- Parking facility is also available at the zoo.
- Children (3-15 years) : £17.50
- Entry is free for Children under 3 years.
- Concessions (senior -60 or over, student & disabled adult.) : £20.70
- Tube Station : Regents Park on the Bakerloo Line
- Just double check the coordinates and the address before heading to the zoo.
- The Garden Cafe
- Cow & Coffee Bean
- Mumtaz Restaurant
- Aston Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in London before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in London and book an accommodation of your choice.
7.22% of people who visit London include Zsl London Zoo in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
65.22% of people start their Zsl London Zoo visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Zsl London Zoo
53.13% of people prefer walking in order to reach Zsl London Zoo
Pro Tip: Bring your OWN WATER and/or Bring your own plastic bottle that you can refill. Best practice when visiting a zoo (any zoo): 1. Visit in the morning, you get to see the animals when they are most active (except big cats, all big cats sleep about 16 hours a day) 2. They don't have Rhinos or Elephants as those animals require a large space to be happy. So, don't expect to find any. 3. Please do not feed any animals. Animals in zoos are given food fit for them already. Not all monkeys eat bananas nor is it good for every monkey. 4. Don't smile or stare into the eyes of large primates for too long. They aren't human, smiling means threat to them and not happiness 5. Do talk to a zoo keeper (people in green shirts). They are friendly and can tell you a LOT about the animals.
Very Nice, but not the best that I've seen so far. Most impressive part is that the animals seem to be happy over here, which means they are well taken care.... Great Job ZSL team
Best zoo by far, proper food yeah it's dear but you get what you pay for, quality and choice. Zoo was very tidy and all animals seemed in fine fettle. Kids and grown ups will enjoy themselves Thanks ZSL.
As far as zoos go, London Zoo is obviously a great visit for those who haven't been before. I imagine for most people it delivers a mix of appreciation for being able to see such wonderful animals, and that the running of the zoo contributes to the conservation work they do - and sadness when seeing the small and often depressing cubicles that a lot of them have to live in. Experience will obviously differ between people
A delightful day out! The keeper talks were very interesting, everyone was so friendly and keen to answer our questions. Would definitely recommend getting there early if you want to see all of the animals :)
If the tea room will open on 26th Dec.?Answer Report Abuse
Yes, the tea room at the terrace restaurant of ZSL London Zoo will be open on 26 Dec. You can call on 020 7449 6562 for more information.Report Abuse