Zsl London Zoo3517 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Regent's Park, London NW1 4RY, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +44-2074496200
- Fax: +44-02077228617
- Ticket Price: 23 GBP
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids, Social, Zoos, Aquariums And Wildlife Sanctuaries
Take a walk across the oldest and the largest scientific Zoological Society of London Zoo waving hands to the Zsl London Zoo animals with the aid of Zsl London Zoo tickets. Although you can buy tickets for Zsl London Zoo from the zoo management in direct, we recommend you to book tickets for Zsl London Zoo in advance as there are great deals on Zsl London Zoo ticket prices and the tickets for Zsl London Zoo from our tickets section also come with extra perks.
Also referred to as Regent’s Zoo, it is the oldest scientific zoo in the world. Established in 1828 and opened to public in 1847, today the zoo has over 16,000 animals belonging to over 700 species. It is one of the largest collections of animals in the United Kingdom. Zoo’s main attractions and exhibits are:
- Gorilla Kingdom: Several species of monkeys and Gorillas.
- Into Africa: African theme with animals like zebras, giraffes and pygmy hippos.
- Rainforest Life and Nightlife: Rainforest animals including marmosets, sloths, armadillos and nocturnal animals like bats, Australian water rats and blind cave fish.
- The Mappin Terraces/The Outback: Australian themed habitat with red kangaroos, emus and wallabies.
- Land of the Lions: Due to open in 2015 and designed to resemble India’s Gir Forest.
- The Aquarium: The first aquarium in the world, home to several fish and aquatic animals.
- Animal Adventure: Aimed at young children with several playgrounds and domestic animals like pigs, sheep, goats and rabbits.
- Tiger Territory: A Sumatran Tiger enclosure with plant life from Indonesia.
- The Reptile House: One of the most famous buildings in the zoo, houses king cobras, boas black mambas and many more reptiles and snakes.
- Giants of the Galapagos: Home to 5 Giant Galapagos Tortoises.
- Komodo Dragons: Indonesia’s Komodo Dragons are found here in an artificially created habitat similar to their home.
- B.U.G.S: Stands for Biodiversity Underpinning Global Survival and is a informative display of several invertebrates and insects.
- Penguin Beach: A large penguin pool with Humboldt penguins, as well as a single male rockhopper penguin.
- Meet the Monkeys: Black-capped squirrel monkeys roam freely here with no barriers between them and visitors.
- Butterfly Paradise: Several species of butterflies and moths from around the world.
- African Bird Safari: A walk through exhibit with exotic African birds.
- Snowdon Aviary: Several gulls, ibises and egrets can be found here.
- Blackburn Pavilion: A rainforest themed tropical bird aviary.
There are also several experiences and interactive activities conducted by the zoo for visitors. This is a most frequently visited sightseeing place in London especially if you are with your kids.
Go on a ZSL London Zoo Sunset Safari and a Guided Tour at the zoo for a remarkable experience. For those who missed out, you can book yourself a Zsl london zoo virtual tours. Further, Zsl london zoo history tours is also available on the zoo premises.
If you want to know more about how to plan a day trip to zsl london zoo then take help of travel guide London and make a enjoy your day trip.
ZSL London Zoo stampede conducted by the zoo management is one of the popular events in the world. zsl london zoo is one of the main tourist attractions to visit and should definitely feature in you London Itinerary 2 Weeks and London Itinerary 10 Days
Zsl London Zoo Travel Tips
- The zoo is vast and requires a long time to cover, plan accordingly.
- Do not feed animals unless permitted by the zoo authorities.
- Check out the info on Zsl London Zoo tickets and Zsl London Zoo prices provided.
- Parking facility is also available at the zoo.
Entrance Ticket Details For Zsl London Zoo
- Children (3-15 years) : £17.50
- Entry is free for Children under 3 years.
- Concessions (senior -60 or over, student & disabled adult.) : £20.70
How to Reach Zsl London Zoo
- Tube Station : Regents Park on the Bakerloo Line
- Just double check the coordinates and the address before heading to the zoo.
- The Garden Cafe
- Cow & Coffee Bean
- Mumtaz Restaurant
- Aston Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in London before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in London and book an accommodation of your choice.
5.51% of people who visit London include Zsl London Zoo in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
65.22% of people start their Zsl London Zoo visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Zsl London Zoo
53.13% of people prefer walking in order to reach Zsl London Zoo
ZSL London Zoo Reviews & Ratings
If the tea room will open on 26th Dec.?Answer Report Abuse
Yes, the tea room at the terrace restaurant of ZSL London Zoo will be open on 26 Dec. You can call on 020 7449 6562 for more information.Report Abuse