Long Beach Tourism
Long Beach is the world’s largest shipping port and 36th most populous city in United States. The city of Long Beach is also known as the Aquatic capital of America as the Long Beach is home to a lot active athletes and premier water sports.
The city has local music and food festivals happening throughout the year, making it more alluring to the tourists. The Long Beach Opera which was found in 1979 is the oldest professional opera company, also the Long Beach Symphony plays classical and pop music concerts throughout the year at the terrace theatre in the Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Centre. The hustle and bustle of the city makes the place the liveliest. In all the contemporary attractions, the city also holds on to the culture. Museum, parks and well-crafted islands are a part of the city beauty. Cultural events and theatrical performances are a part of the city’s culture.The city also maintains a progressively declining oil industry with minor wells located both directly beneath the city as well as offshore. Long Beach’s manufacturing sectors include those in aircraft, automotive parts, electronic equipment, audio-visual equipment, petrochemicals, precision metals and home furnishings.
Long Beach is one of the best and popular in California, adding this nonconformist at heart city to your travel list is a must.
Essential travel information and Long Beach tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Long Beach has the Pacific Standard
- Currency: United States Dollar
- Electricity and Internet: Internet and wi-fi availability is extremely good.
- Electricity generation is from non-hydroelectric resources. The Plug type is A.
- Languages: English and Spanish
- Security: For any emergency call 911 and you will be connected to the required department.
- Off-beaten Path: Interested in learning watercrafts? Then visit the Leeway Sailing & Aquatics Centre in Long Beach to learn wind surfing, kayaking and many more or just rent sail boards, kayaks and canoes. If you wish to bogart some Pizza the La Rizza’s Pizza house is your place. It is almost hidden in the midst ofthe hustle in the city.
- Tipping: Tipping in Long Beach is the same like the other parts in USA. The tipping rate goes up to 20%.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Long Beach
Save 4%The Queen Mary
6 Hrs50 Reviews
Save 5%City Tour of Los Angeles from Long Beach and San Pedro
8 Hrs85 Reviews
Save 5%Downtown Long Beach Food Walking Tour
3 Hrs6 Reviews