How to Reach Long Beach
HOW TO GET TO LONG BEACH
- By Air: Long Beach can easily be reached from three: Long Beach Airport, within the city itself; Los Angeles International which is 22 miles away and Santa Ana, 23 miles away. All three lie adjacent to Interstate 405. The other two airport options are Burbank, 37 miles away; and Ontario which is 53 miles away. The easies would be the Long Beach Airport but the frequency of flight and availability would be more in the Los Angeles International Airport.
- By Rail: Long Beach is linked via the Metro Blue line to downtown Los Angeles. The train connects to Hollywood, Pasadena, East LA and many more.
- By Car: From Santa Monica or from Orange County, take the San Diego (405) freeway, Long Beach Freeway 710 is also convenient to take from a lot of place. The coastal areas of orange county, the most convenient route is Pacific Coast Highway.
HOW TO GET AROUND LONG BEACH
- By Rail: The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) services are available for you to move around Long Beach. It costs around 1.50$ for each leg. The Passport D goes to almost all the touristy places.
- By Bus: The Passport includes four bus routes going to different places. Take a route accordingly. There is Long Beach Transit costing around 1.25 dollars.
- On Foot: You can also be on your foot to most of the places which are in shorter distances.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Long Beach. The most preferred mode of transport in Long Beach is Car.
Average distance: 15.85 km Average time: 38 min
Car 66.67%Driving 32.5 min Overall average time for 21.37 kms 32.5 min
Walking 33.33%Walking 37.5 min Driving 11.5 min Overall average time for 4.83 kms 49 min