Naples IslandCurrently Open
- Address: Long Beach, CA 90803, USA, United States Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Family And Kids, Fountain, Picnic Spot
Naples Island is an artificial archipelago that was built in the Alamitos Bay in the early 20th century. It was created to replicate the Venice Canal Historic District in Los Angeles. The islands are connected to each other and the mainland of Long Beach by roads. They are separated by the Rivo Alto Canal. It is hard not to see the Italian influence on the neighbourhood, the streets are named in Italian too. You can enjoy some swimming and other sports at the Marine Park. The intricate canal network can be explored by a gondola, very a la Venice. Hire a kayak and head out into the bay for some fun. Right in the centre of these islands is the La Bella Fontana di Napoli, a fountain surrounded by green parks where you will often see families relaxing on picnics. If visiting the island around Christmas, do not forget to check out the Christmas Boat Parade.
Naples Island Travel Tips
- There are plenty of shopping centres and restaurants on 2nd Street.
How to Reach Naples Island
- Bus stops – Second and E.Campo SW, Second & Ravenna SE, Second & Venetia.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Long Beach before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Long Beach and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Naples Island Address: Long Beach, CA 90803, USA, United States
- Naples Island Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Naples Island(preferred time): 09:00 am - 11:00 am
- Time required to visit Naples Island: 04:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!