Galleri Svalbard27 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Longyearbyen, Svalbard and Jan Mayen Map
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +47-79022340
- Ticket Price: 70 NOK
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Family And Kids
Besides landscapes, wildlife and arctic adventures, great talent for art and crafts exists in Svalbard. To showcase the masterpieces of Norwegian artists the Galleri Svalbard stands proudly holding their works. The Galleri has two main collections – The Svalbard Collection and The Tveter collection.
The Svalbard Collection consists of antique books, maps and coupons dating back to the 1500s. They emphasise on Svalbard as an important mining town throughout centuries. Other than their historical value, these objects are wonderful pieces of art with intricate details. The Tveter Collection consists of breath stealing works by the renowned Norwegian artist, Kare Tveter which give position and meaning to the Nordic light.
Attached to the Galleri Svalbard is the Kunstnersenteret. This is a workshop for local artists where they can paint and put their work on sale. A floor above the gallery you will find the Atelier Aino. The Atelier Aino is a gallery exclusively exhibiting the stunning works of Danish artist Aino Grib. Aino Grib settled in Svalbard in 2004 and since then, she has been arresting the splendour or the arctic on her canvas.
Entrance Ticket Details For Galleri Svalbard
- Child: NOK 20
- Concession price: NOK 40
How to Reach Galleri Svalbard
- You’ll have to drive to here.
- Huset, Taste of Thai
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Longyearbyen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Longyearbyen and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Galleri Svalbard Address: Longyearbyen, Svalbard and Jan Mayen
- Galleri Svalbard Contact Number: +47-79022340
- Galleri Svalbard Timing: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Galleri Svalbard Price: 70 NOK
- Best time to visit Galleri Svalbard(preferred time): 11:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Galleri Svalbard: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
8.88% of people who visit Longyearbyen include Galleri Svalbard in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
53.85% of people start their Galleri Svalbard visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Galleri Svalbard
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Galleri Svalbard
People normally club together Svalbard Church and Barentsburg Pomor Museum while planning their visit to Galleri Svalbard.