How to Reach Longyearbyen - The Easiest Way to Reach Longyearbyen
- By Air: Svalbard Airport Longyear serves the town as it is the only airport in Svalbard. There are flights to the town from Oslo almost all year round. From there, there are buses and taxis available.
- By Boat: The town’s port is only open during the summers. Boats arrive from Tromso once a week and every day except Monday from Barentsburg.
- On Foot: It is possible to see the town on foot, but this becomes difficult when the weather is bad.
- By Bicycle: You can also rent a bike from Basecamp Spitsbergen or Svalbard Bike Rental.
- By Car: Since there is no public transport in the town, the best way to travel around is by renting a car.
- By Taxi: You can also see the town by travelling in taxis, however that might end up pinching your pocket. To go out of town though, requires getting in touch with a tour operator.
Are you looking for a Longyearbyen travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Longyearbyen from Nearby Cities
|Barentsburg to Longyearbyen||155.77 km||2 hours 35 mins|
|Trondheim to Longyearbyen||1703.2 km||28 hours 23 mins|
|Oslo to Longyearbyen||2052.74 km||34 hours 12 mins|
|Tallinn to Longyearbyen||2202.92 km||36 hours 42 mins|
|Riga to Longyearbyen||2412.09 km||40 hours 12 mins|
|Copenhagen to Longyearbyen||2452.66 km||40 hours 52 mins|
|Amsterdam to Longyearbyen||3063.55 km||51 hours 3 mins|
|Utrecht to Longyearbyen||3081.18 km||51 hours 21 mins|
|Pulheim to Longyearbyen||3121.17 km||52 hours 1 mins|
|Brussels to Longyearbyen||3241.82 km||54 hours 1 mins|