Alignements De Carnac35 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Alignements de Carnac, Carnac, France, Lorient
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Family And Kids
This is no French town, but one of Brittany's most important historical megalithic sites. Most of the artefacts here are menhirs (tall stone) and dolmens (stone tables).
The highlights are:
- The Mound Of Saint Michael - 100 meters long, 35 wide and 10 metres, with graves inside dating back to 3500BC.
- 'Le Menech' – An alignment of stones, with a cromlech (a circular alignment of stones) nearby.
- 'Kermario' – Another alignment; its name means the ‘place of the dead’.
- Giant Manius – A really big menhir.
- Kerlescan – An alignment of stones, the name of which means ‘place of cremation’.
There are about 3000 of these artefacts here in all. Who built them? Why? Seek your answers at the rich Archaeological Museum at Carnac that’s nearby.
How to Reach Alignements De Carnac
- You’ll have to walk or drive here.
- Ask the locals for directions and public transport info.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lorient before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lorient and book an accommodation of your choice.
11.44% of people who visit Lorient include Alignements De Carnac in their plan
50% of people start their Alignements De Carnac visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Alignements De Carnac
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Alignements De Carnac
People normally also visit Poul Fetan while planning their trip to Alignements De Carnac.