This base was the bane of Lorient in WWII. Manned by German forces, as one of the largest military fortifications, it was totally bombed out in the war. After the war though, the French themselves began to use it. Today, you get to visit the submarine Flore, and learn of Lorient’s military history.
The highlights are:
- The opening history film
- The Vulcan – recreation of the insides of a submarine – engine room, living quarters, operations room and weapons room
- A visit into the actual Flore body.
Le Sous-marin Flore Travel Tips
- Closed most of January.
- Book on the attraction website prior to your visit.
- It can only be visited by a guided tour.
- Check out the attraction shop.
Entrance Ticket Details For Le Sous-marin Flore
- EUR 7 for 7-17 years old.
- EUR 7.30 for students and unemployed.
- Free for under 7.
- Visit the official website for additional details on prices.
- Family: Package 2 adults and 2 children and more- €27.20
Le Sous-marin Flore Hours
- Guided tours begin every 45 minutes.
- Closing times of the museum vary depending on the month.
- On some days museum may be closed 12:30-2pm for lunch.
- Check attraction website for comprehensive timing info.
How to Reach Le Sous-marin Flore
- You’ll have to walk or drive here.
- Ask the locals for directions and public transport info.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Lorient before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Lorient and book an accommodation of your choice.
45.75% of people who visit Lorient include Le Sous-marin Flore in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
60% of people start their Le Sous-marin Flore visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Le Sous-marin Flore
93.1% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Le Sous-marin Flore