Dolby Theatre, Los Angeles
About Dolby Theatre, Los Angeles
Dolby Theatre, Los Angeles - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 6801 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, CA 90028, United States
Ticket Price: 20 USD
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 7.2K times in trip plans
Stage Show, Theatre, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Dolby Theatre does not need any description when it comes to avid movie goers and enthusiasts. Even theatre enthusiasts are aware of the revolution Dolby has brought about in the sound industry. Dolby Theatre located in the Highland Center shopping mall and entertainment complex, is one of the go-to spots to attend a live performance in the city of Los Angeles. It is considered to be one of the biggest Hollywood landmarks, so it seems only fit that you go into the city of Hollywood and witness the place that is associated with marvelous sound across the industries related to entertainment.
Dolby Theatre Information
- Guided tour is available for 7 days in a week.
- Tours are subject to availability and may be cancelled due to theatre operations.
- Box office is closed on certain holidays.
- Wheelchair and special seating is available.
- The theatre is well equipped with accessible bathrooms on all seating level.
- Only service animals are permitted.
- Outside food is not permitted.
- Children under 12 are welcome to visit the building.
Dolby Theatre Ticket Prices
Ticket price for guided tour -
- Adults: $20
- Seniors(65 and over) - $16
- Youth (17 and under) - $16
- Children (under 3) – free
- For group visits (of 15 or more): check the official website
Dolby Theatre Opening and Closing Hours
- Timings given are of guided tour for the theatre.
- Tour departs in every 30 minutes and lasts for 30 minutes.
Box office hours:
- Monday to Saturday: 10am – 5pm
- Sunday: 10am – 4pm
How To reach Dolby Theatre by Public Transport
- Nearby bus stop: Highland Avenue & Hollywood Boulevard (by bus – DASH HOLLYWOOD) & Hollywood/ Orange (bus nos. – 212/312, 217, 222)
- Nearby metro station: Hollywood/ Highland (Metro Red Line – 802)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Los Angeles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Los Angeles and book an accommodation of your choice.
Dolby Theatre, Los Angeles Reviews - Write a Review
Was excited about this tour on my first visit to LA. There were about 32-35 people in our group (a large group of Hindu tourists) so if you wanted to hear something you had to be right next to our guide. What you will see on this tour: stairs, hallway, stairs, hallway dirty carpets everywhere (they clean them once a year for the main event - Oscars I was told), a bar, a second bar, auditorium, chairs and that's it. Oh a small Oscar statue. They had an event that night so the stage was darkened for the preparation. Sorry, you could only see the seats in the auditorium. A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!!! Our tour guide added the last nail in the coffin. He was incredibly rude and arrogant. HE lost the group of Hindu tourists (they spoke little English), but did not wait and only uttered: "whatever" and left without them continuing in our tour!! Further he continued on talking when the rest of the group was still upstairs and we were downstairs. UNBELIEVABLE! No time for answering questions at the end, he had another group immediately after our group. Yep, tours at Dolby are like on a running machine - one tour after another in a fast pace. Yep, LA is a profit oriented city and Dolby as well. Waste of my money!
Great amenities. Good view for the comedy show we saw. Sound kind of echoed. Chairs a bit uncomfortable.
Hated this theater! When I think of Dolby, I think of surround sound. My 3 year old daughter and I just watched Paw Patrol Live and sat in the Mezzanine 3 in row A. I couldn’t understand/hear a word they were saying!!!! They only had speakers down near the stage. The only way I could understand what was going on was because a little boy behind me was singing all the songs!! I really don’t know how the heck the rows way behind me could hear. I have excellent hearing and this was ridiculous and a horrible experience.
Here for Paw Patrol Live, my little man had a wonderful time. Love this venue formerly known as the Kodak theatre.
I saw this place on TV while watching the Americas Got Talent live shows this summer. Congrats Darci Lynne on winning Season 12! I knew she would win. Hope Tyra is host again next year. I always like to compare her to Beyonce.
- Nearby Attractions
- Hall Of Records
- Onyx Lounge
- Cheetahs Club
- Warner Bro Studios/ The Real Talk Show
- Friendship Motor Inn
- Javan Restaurant
- Watermarke Tower
- Waleeto's Pizza
- 16226 Ventura Blvd
- Los Angeles Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Los Angeles
- What to See in 48 Hours in Los Angeles
- What to See in 72 Hours in Los Angeles
- How to Spend 5 Days in Los Angeles
- How to Spend 6 Days in Los Angeles
- How to Spend 7 Days in Los Angeles