Japanese American National Museum, Los Angeles
About Japanese American National Museum, Los Angeles
Japanese American National Museum, Los Angeles - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 100 N Central Ave, Los Angeles, California 90012
Ticket Price: 9 USD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 1.4K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Japanese American National Museum is an ode to the strong relations and enriching history that the Japanese and the Americans share. Established in the year 1992, this was basically an initiative of keeping Japan alive in the minds of people who moved to America in the past. Located near the Little Tokyo area, this place gives you an insight into the history of the Japanese that settled here and also has various sources to document their culture and lifestyle. If learning about new cultures is your thing, then this place is a great stepping stone for the process.
Japanese American National Museum Information
- Guided tour for school groups available only on appointment.
- Only service animals are allowed.
Japanese American National Museum Ticket Prices
- Adult: $9
- Seniors (62 and above): $5
- Students (with ID) and youth (6 -17 years): $5
- Children 5 and under and JANM members: free
- Every Thursday from 5pm – 8pm and every 3rd Thursday of the month: free admission
- For special group rates and rentals: visit the official website.
Japanese American National Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Last entry: 30 minutes before the closing time
- Closed Guided tour for school groups: from Tuesday to Friday
- Opening hours of JANM stores and office hours: check the official website.
How To reach Japanese American National Museum by Public Transport
- Nearby Metro Gold Station: Little Tokyo/ Arts District stop (take Gold Line to reach this stop)
- By bus: DASH Downtown A
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Los Angeles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Los Angeles and book an accommodation of your choice.
Japanese American National Museum, Los Angeles Reviews - Write a Review
Small but very informative and family-friendly. They host fantastic cultural, entertainment and charity events here throughout the year. Rotating temporary displays are also fascinating. The constant metro construction nearby impedes traffic/parking but there are free days that make the visit worthwhile.
Very informative about Japanese American history. From the Issei to the Nissei to present times. Even a substantial exhibit of the period of internment. A subject until very recently knew very little about. I highly recommend this museum to anyone.
Nice museum. It's a humbling tour through the history of Japanese descendents in America. The traveling exhibition this week was very rich as well.
Wish there was more dimension.given to this group than just the internment camps but done really well. And it is an important subject many know nothing about it
Great work by curators organizing the order of exhibits. There was excellent flow to the entire exhibit and everything felt pertinent. The exhibits were very moving. I learned a great deal about Japanese American culture.
- Nearby Attractions
- Imam Bukhari Masjid
- Valley Hindu Temple
- The Los Angeles Public Library
- Grammy Museum At L.a. Live
- Venice Beach Freakshow
- Point Fermin Lighthouse
- Hollywood Entertainment Museum
- The Velaslavasay Panorama
- Los Angeles Live Steamers Railroad Museum
- A D Architecture And Design Museum
- Los Angeles Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Los Angeles
- What to See in 48 Hours in Los Angeles
- What to See in 72 Hours in Los Angeles
- How to Spend 5 Days in Los Angeles
- How to Spend 6 Days in Los Angeles
- How to Spend 7 Days in Los Angeles