Japanese American National Museum190 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 100 N Central Ave, Los Angeles, California 90012, United States
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2136250414
- Ticket Price: 9 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums
Japanese American National Museum is an ode to the strong relations and enriching history that the Japanese and the Americans share. Established in the year 1992, this was basically an initiative of keeping Japan alive in the minds of people who moved to America in the past. Located near the Little Tokyo area, this place gives you an insight into the history of the Japanese that settled here and also has various sources to document their culture and lifestyle. If learning about new cultures is your thing, then this place is a great stepping stone for the process. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Los Angeles itinerary 1 day.
Japanese American National Museum Travel Tips
- Guided tour for school groups available only on appointment.
- Only service animals are allowed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Japanese American National Museum
- Adult: $9
- Seniors (62 and above): $5
- Students (with ID) and youth (6 -17 years): $5
- Children 5 and under and JANM members: free
- Every Thursday from 5pm – 8pm and every 3rd Thursday of the month: free admission
- For special group rates and rentals: visit the official website.
Japanese American National Museum Hours
- Last entry: 30 minutes before the closing time
- Closed Guided tour for school groups: from Tuesday to Friday
- Opening hours of JANM stores and office hours: check the official website.
How to Reach Japanese American National Museum
- Nearby Metro Gold Station: Little Tokyo/ Arts District stop (take Gold Line to reach this stop)
- By bus: DASH Downtown A
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Los Angeles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Los Angeles and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.66% of people who visit Los Angeles include Japanese American National Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
50% of people start their Japanese American National Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Japanese American National Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Japanese American National Museum
Japanese American National Museum Reviews & Ratings
How long will the Mine Okubo exhibit be thereAnswer Report Abuse
I am interested in arranging a group tour for Assistance League of Long Beach Howard Committee members. We are house an Asian art collection in our facility and give tours. Our docents benefit from tours like this.Answer Report Abuse