Norton Simon MuseumCurrently Closed
Also known as Pasadena Art Institute and the Pasadena Art Museum, the Norton Simon Museum is named after art-collector and industrialist Norton Simon who is also one of the key financers for the redevelopment and renovation of this 1953 museum.
The collections include European paintings, sculptures, and tapestries, Asian sculptures, paintings and the rare artworks of woodblock prints. The museum also includes sculpture gardens displaying many sculptors' work in a landscape setting around a large pond.
The Norton Simon Theater shows programs daily, and hosts educative and informative lectures, symposia, and dance and musical performances. Visit nearby attractions in Los Angeles along with Norton Simon Museum which are covered in Los Angeles itinerary 5 days.
- Advance booking is available.
- Group tours, private tours, guided tours, school tours are available.
- Admission is free for all visitors for the first Friday of every month from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Students, children and senior citizens have concession in entry fee.
- Acoustic guided tour is available for USD 33.
- Seniors (ages 62 and above): USD 9.00
- Acoustiguide Audio Tour: $3.00 per unit / Free for Members.
- Children (ages 18 and under), Students with valid I.D, Active Military Personnel with valid I.D & Museum Members: Free
- The Museum Store, Cafe and the Gardens close 15 minutes prior to the Museum closing.
- Closed on Rose Parade day.
- The Museum's Sculpture Garden is open to visitors year-round. However, it is closed during heavy rains and sections can remain closed for several days following rains.
- Metro Bus Line #180/181
- Pasadena ARTS Shuttle Bus
- Garden Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Los Angeles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Los Angeles and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.42% of people who visit Los Angeles include Norton Simon Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
42.86% of people start their Norton Simon Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Norton Simon Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Norton Simon Museum
This museum definitely made my day. It's filled with tons of classic European artworks, as well as Asian ones too. The museum also has a scenic garden and pond with an outdoor cafe. Staff are friendly and honest to the point that when I asked for an adult admission they reminded me that as a student I can enter for free. I recommend you spend at least 4 hours at the museum to make sure you see everything the place has to offer.
Fantastic collection here. Even though the Getty has a beautiful campus, I prefer coming here because of the collection. There's plenty of parking here. I like to spend a day on one half and then another day to finish the other half. Take it slow and enjoy each piece.
Had a great experience. This was my first time visiting the museum and was pleasantly surprised about the amount of exhibits offered. I especially enjoyed the outdoor scenic view as well. I will definitely make sure to visit again when time allows.
Some amazing pieces! I was blown away by Van Gogh. Their garden and cafe are delightful. I got a beer and cheese plate. You can take your beer and walk through the sculpture garden. It's open until 8pm on Friday and Saturday, so you can see the garden during the day and go back after dark, so enchanting. I recommend for an thrilling art experience and/or a romantic evening. (free parking and free entrance with a student ID)
This museum has quite the collection. Everything is spaced beautifully and it's never really crowded. The outdoor statues and figurines are beautiful. I spent a good 3 hours here without feeling rushed to see everything.