Norton Simon MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: 411 W Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91105, United States, Los Angeles
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6264496840
- Ticket Price: 12 USD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museum, Educational Site, Theatre, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Museum
Norton Simon Museum - Review
Also known as Pasadena Art Institute and the Pasadena Art Museum, the Norton Simon Museum is named after art-collector and industrialist Norton Simon who is also one of the key financers for the redevelopment and renovation of this 1953 museum.
The collections include European paintings, sculptures, and tapestries, Asian sculptures, paintings and the rare artworks of woodblock prints. The museum also includes sculpture gardens displaying many sculptors' work in a landscape setting around a large pond.
The Norton Simon Theater shows programs daily, and hosts educative and informative lectures, symposia, and dance and musical performances. Visit nearby attractions in Los Angeles along with Norton Simon Museum which are covered in Los Angeles itinerary 5 days.
Norton Simon Museum Information
- Advance booking is available.
- Group tours, private tours, guided tours, school tours are available.
Norton Simon Museum Ticket Prices
- Admission is free for all visitors for the first Friday of every month from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Students, children and senior citizens have concession in entry fee.
- Acoustic guided tour is available for USD 33.
- Seniors (ages 62 and above): USD 9.00
- Acoustiguide Audio Tour: $3.00 per unit / Free for Members.
- Children (ages 18 and under), Students with valid I.D, Active Military Personnel with valid I.D & Museum Members: Free
Norton Simon Museum Hours
- The Museum Store, Cafe and the Gardens close 15 minutes prior to the Museum closing.
- Closed on Rose Parade day.
- The Museum's Sculpture Garden is open to visitors year-round. However, it is closed during heavy rains and sections can remain closed for several days following rains.
How To reach Norton Simon Museum by Public Transport
- Metro Bus Line #180/181
- Pasadena ARTS Shuttle Bus
Restaurants Near Norton Simon Museum
- Garden Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Los Angeles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Los Angeles and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Norton Simon Museum
1.42% of people who visit Los Angeles include Norton Simon Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
42.86% of people start their Norton Simon Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Norton Simon Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Norton Simon Museum
Norton Simon Museum Trips
Norton Simon Museum, Los Angeles Reviews
Visited this amazing museum 1 year ago. I always have fond memories of this place and it's stunning beyond words. It might seem small from the outside, but it's anything but! Plus having a fresh iced coffee after walking around and look at art, at the little drink stand is seriously the means for a perfect afternoon.
I've been coming here since I was a youngster, but I recently visited for the first time in many years and though many of the pieces are still very familiar, the new curation felt fresh and really enhanced my experience of revisiting. There's something for most people's taste here unless you are looking for anything too contemporary. They have a lovely little gift shop inside, and a decent cafe outside. The garden makes you feel like you're walking through some of the impressionist paintings in their collection. Students with ID are free!
Absolutely “must visit” place for all art lovers. Outstanding collection of European art of 14-20 centuries. Interesting Indian/Asian part (even though I’m not a fan of that kind of art it was really curious and educating). Also there is a lovely peaceful garden with lots of sculptures of Rodin and other masters. The price is reasonable - $15 for adults. Free parking. And yes, you’re gonna spend some money in that gift shop.
The Norton Simon Museum should be visited by everyone who goes to Los Angeles or the Metro Southern California region. Easy to park. Friendly staff, eager to guide you through the museum. Good art and artifacts. Wonderful open areas.
A truly wonderful museum, with an amazing collection of great masters, including the only Raphael on the US west coast. The setting is outstanding including a sculpture garden with a lake. There is a cafe by the lake where you can enjoy food and ambience in the California weather. Allow at least a half day to enjoy it.