Norton Simon Museum, Los Angeles
About Norton Simon Museum, Los Angeles
Norton Simon Museum, Los Angeles - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 411 W Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91105, United States
Ticket Price: 12 USD
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 2.9K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Museum, Educational Site, Theatre, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Also known as Pasadena Art Institute and the Pasadena Art Museum, the Norton Simon Museum is named after art-collector and industrialist Norton Simon who is also one of the key financers for the redevelopment and renovation of this 1953 museum.
The collections include European paintings, sculptures, and tapestries, Asian sculptures, paintings and the rare artworks of woodblock prints. The museum also includes sculpture gardens displaying many sculptors' work in a landscape setting around a large pond.
The Norton Simon Theater shows programs daily, and hosts educative and informative lectures, symposia, and dance and musical performances.
Norton Simon Museum Information
- Advance booking is available.
- Group tours, private tours, guided tours, school tours are available.
Norton Simon Museum Ticket Prices
- Admission is free for all visitors for the first Friday of every month from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Students, children and senior citizens have concession in entry fee.
- Acoustic guided tour is available for USD 33.
- Seniors (ages 62 and above): USD 9.00
- Acoustiguide Audio Tour: $3.00 per unit / Free for Members.
- Children (ages 18 and under), Students with valid I.D, Active Military Personnel with valid I.D & Museum Members: Free
Norton Simon Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- The Museum Store, Cafe and the Gardens close 15 minutes prior to the Museum closing.
- Closed on Rose Parade day.
- The Museum's Sculpture Garden is open to visitors year-round. However, it is closed during heavy rains and sections can remain closed for several days following rains.
How To reach Norton Simon Museum by Public Transport
- Metro Bus Line #180/181
- Pasadena ARTS Shuttle Bus
Restaurants Near Norton Simon Museum
- Garden Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Los Angeles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Los Angeles and book an accommodation of your choice.
Norton Simon Museum, Los Angeles Reviews - Write a Review
I visited the Norton Simon Museum while my mother was visiting a few weeks ago. We could not believe that such a treasure is in Pasadena. At the time of our visit, there was an extraordinary Degas exhibit. The staff are fairly knowledgable and incredibly friendly. I'd highly recommend this museum to visitors in the area as well as locals.
I had never been to an art museum so I wasn't expecting much. I got the self audio tour they have and I think it helped a lot. I actually very much enjoyed my visit. Some great art and interesting facts from the audio tour I would have missed otherwise.
A well curated art museum, with a nice walk around sculpture garden. I haven't tried the cafe, but I'm glad it's there. The admission fee is nominal for the amount of galleries that are available to walk around. My biggest critique is that most of the galleries have lots of space, but not "flow." Not really anything to change it, it's just kind of a unfortunate detail.
Sister Wendy was right! This is one of the best museums of its size anywhere. Norton Simon had the money, the taste and was there at the right time. This is an exquisite collection of some of the finest art in the world. Do yourself a favor and go.
I have been to many Museums and remain an avid museum goer, but the Norton SImon Museum has always remained my favorite. Something about the location, building, and exhibits kept calling me back time after time. Such a wide variety of permanent exhibits and artifacts, pristine garden pond, and wonderful traveling exhibits. The layout of the museum feels like the biggest smallest museum you have ever been to. The Kandinsky and Picasso exhibits alone are worth the trip in my opinion. If you are in the Old Town Pasadena area it is a MUST to check out.
- Nearby Attractions
- Haines Canyon Park
- Halliwell Manor
- Gameworks Entertainment, Llc Corporate Office
- Argyle Salon And Spa
- The Ritz-Carlton Spa
- The Ciel Spa At Sls Hotel
- Chatsworth Park North
- Exposition Park Dr
- 1935 Hyperion Ave
- Beverly Boulevard
- Los Angeles Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Los Angeles
- What to See in 48 Hours in Los Angeles
- What to See in 72 Hours in Los Angeles
- How to Spend 5 Days in Los Angeles
- How to Spend 6 Days in Los Angeles
- How to Spend 7 Days in Los Angeles