Pantages Theatre, Los Angeles
Pantages Theatre - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: 6233 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028, United States
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Added 6.2K times in trip plans
Stage Show, Theatre, Family And Kids
Check out the best holiday planner on the web
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Pantages Theatre, Los Angeles
Named after vaudeville impresario Alexander Pantages, this place is the last of his reminiscent. Alexander Pantages, like many other buildings, has made this a theatre that has become a part of Los Angeles’s cultural identity. The architect behind this one is B Marcus Priteca. For the longest time, Pantages showed some really classic movies and today it runs first shows of various films. Initially it showcased a lot of vaudeville work, alternating with movies. But after the great depression, it opened up as a movie theatre due to the economic restraints that it faced. Today, it is a full-fledged entertainment spot and is definitely worth catching a movie at!
Visit nearby attractions in Los Angeles along with Pantages Theatre which are covered in Los Angeles itinerary 3 days.
Pantages Theatre Information
- If you are purchasing season tickets, maximum 14 tickets can be bought.
- If you lost your ticket, bring valid proof of purchase at the box office.
- Children below 5 years are not allowed.
- Outside food or drink is not permitted in the theatre.
- The use of cameras, cell phone cameras or audio/video recording devices is not permitted during the performance.
Pantages Theatre Ticket Prices
- Check the official website for the ticket schedule.
Pantages Theatre Opening and Closing Hours
Box office hours:
- Tuesday to Sunday: 10am – remains open until 30 minutes after the final posted curtain time of the day;
- On non-performances days: 10am – 6pm
How To reach Pantages Theatre by Public Transport
- Nearby bus station: Vine/Hollywood (210, HW2LAX)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Los Angeles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Los Angeles and book an accommodation of your choice.
Pantages Theatre, Los Angeles Reviews
This is a lovely theater. I was fortunate to see Hamilton there and was not only wowed by the performance, but also by the gorgeousness if the venue. The Pantages has been meticulously preserved and it really shows in many fine details. The location is great with multiple good spots within immediate walking distance. We grabbed some quick food at the Starbucks across the street. The Walk of Fame is also just around the corner. A reasonable parking lot is just one block away across from the Capitol Records building. I would love to see another play there in the future.
The Pantages is such a Beautiful theater. So the shows here are always incredible. We Recently watched the Aladdin musical. The way they design the sets in such a small place is amazing. Parking is not a problem nearby. It's definitely a place to take people if you want to impress people.
I took my wife to The Hollywood Pantages for our 1st Wedding Anniversary to watch Hamilton, The Musical, and it did not disappoint! We are die-hard Hamilton fans and we've listened to the original cast performance, nearly 30 times now! We've got every song of Hamilton memorized, by heart, and yet there is something truly magical, even exhilarating, about watching the performance of Hamilton live. We were laughing hysterically in parts, mesmerized in other moments, moved to tears by the performances of Burn and It's Quiet Uptown, and completely and forever impressed and moved, by the end. The Los Angeles cast members might be just as good as the originals and I do not write that lightly. The excitement and fervor of The American cause for freedom, independence, and greatness has never been so brilliantly retold as Lin Manuel Miranda has done with his masterpiece, Hamilton. And with this musical, a long forgotten yet perhaps most important Founding Father of them all, Alexander Hamilton, has finally had his story and legacy properly told and finally preserved, for good, in this modern-day master work of music, singing, art, culture, ethnicity, diversity, and splendor. If Lin Manuel Miranda is not our generation's Shakespeare, I'm lost for words for who else to crown with that title!
Beautiful theatre rich in architectural design and history. The premier theater for all things Broadway, west coast style. That being said the seats are very tight, with little leg room. Of they could find a way to redesign them, this would be a 5 star rating.
Okay, I get to be a little snobby on this one because I just came from watching a play on Broadway in NY! This place was far better. FAR! I'm 6'4" and hate going to these theatres because it is comfort torture for three hours. Not here. Fair leg room and comfortable seats. The lighting, accoustics and the overall experience was very good. I took one star off for the same problem at ALL these older theatres, the entrances and exits. Slow and unsafe. BUT...while you're not moving while coming and going, it is very beautiful theatre. We saw Hamilton. Enjoy your play.
- Attractions near Pantages Theatre
- Hubert H. Humphrey Memorial Recreation Center
- Nethercutt Collection
- La Tuna Canyon Park
- Tujunga Ponds Wildlife Sanctuary
- Carey Ranch Park
- Calvary Chapel Of Sun Valley
- Hollywood And Highland Center
- Mission San Fernando Rey De Espana
- Crossway Church Of The San Fernando Valley (formerly Sfvhc)
- Andres And Maria Cardenas Skate Park
- Mon Temple Of LA
- Musso & Frank Grill
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Los Angeles
- Museum Of Digital Arts
- The Pink House
- Los Angeles City - Library Department, Library Foundation Of Los Angeles
- Rave Cinemas Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza 15
- Los Angeles Board Of Trade Building
- Howie Weinberg Mastering Studio
- Church In The Kingdom
- California Pole Dance Championship
- Variety Arts Theatre
- Los Angeles Metropolitian Chr
- New Gethsemane Church Of God & Christ