The Broad, Los Angeles
About The Broad, Los Angeles
The Broad, Los Angeles - Address, Phone Number
Address: 221 S. Grand Ave., Downtown Los Angeles, CA 90012
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 4.2K times in trip plans
Art Gallery, Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Eli Broad, the philanthropist, has done a lot more than just philanthropy. He donated about 140 million USD to make this museum which honors contemporary art. This museum is named after him and houses the large Broad Art collection. If you are into exploring different places of the world through the eyes of the art and culture that they have to offer, then Broad is a great place to start exploring the art space of Los Angeles. Apart from being amazed by the extensive art collection here, you can also take a step forward to learn about all that Eli Broad went on to do, to make this society a better place.
The Broad Information
- Tickets are required to visit different sections of the museum.
- You can get tickets either by advance booking or via onsite standby line.
- Group of 10 or more people can make reservation for self-guided group visit.
- Photography for non-commercial purpose is allowed.
- Sketchbooks of 11x17 inches are allowed for pencil drawings.
- Photography with flashes, tripods, video cameras, easels or selfie sticks are not allowed.
- Keep your mobile on silent mode.
- Avoid touching the art pieces.
- Drinking and eating within the galleries is not allowed.
- Single-wide, standard baby strollers are permitted at all times, but are not permitted on escalators. Double-wide strollers and jogging strollers are not permitted.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited.
- Children under 13 years should be accompanied by an adult.
The Broad Ticket Prices
- General admission to The Broad is free.
- Group visit: $5 per person or a base rate of $50 per group required.
The Broad Opening and Closing Hours
- Online ticketing line: closes 90 minutes before the museum closes.
How To reach The Broad by Public Transport
- Nearby bus station: Grand& 2nd
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Los Angeles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Los Angeles and book an accommodation of your choice.
The Broad, Los Angeles Reviews - Write a Review
Great place to check out art for free! It's usually fully booked for advance tickets a month or more out, though (you can get general admission tickets for free online). But if you're willing to wait in line in the morning before the museum opens, or are able to visit on a weekday when they are less busy, it's definitely worth it. I'm here today to get standby tickets to the special exhibit ($30 per adult), and I had to arrive 2.5 hours prior to opening to wait in line - even then all the morning tickets were sold out by the time I could purchase a ticket. Still worth it to me!
Waited in line to see if we could get in free and we did! I would pay to enter. State of the art facility with a visible rotating collection. They have windows that allow you to peer into storage and see other works of art before they are put on display. Super cool.
Such a great museum displaying very cool modern artwork from the likes of Jeff Kooney, Barbara Kruger, Kara Walker, Andy Warhol and more. Book the free tickets in advance online to save time on the queue and download the free app 'The Broad' for a guided tour explaining some of the work displayed as well as the architecture of the building itself. Really enjoyed and fully recommend everyone to visit. What was great, was that I did not leave with a heavy feeling as I often do when visiting a modern art museum.
Really cool place. Hard to get reserve tickets but you can line up and wait. I waited in a long line for over an hour. My friend arrived 1.5 hrs before opening and was third in line. So either way you'll wait over an hour. The infinity room is amazing but you have only 45 seconds to be in there.
Vary cool modern museum with a great variety of pieces. As prior posts said the infinity room is truly amazing but ridiculous to get in and they just scurry you out. Overall the museum itself was excellent, just plan accordingly if you are interested in the infinity room.
- Nearby Attractions
- Fox Rent A Car Los Angeles/lax
- Orochon Ramen
- Loews Hollywood Hotel
- La Prime
- The Line - Los Angeles
- Banana Bungalow West Hollywood Hostel
- Farmer's Market
- Project Club La
- Howard Johnson Inn San Diego Sea World
- Los Angeles Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Los Angeles
- What to See in 48 Hours in Los Angeles
- What to See in 72 Hours in Los Angeles
- How to Spend 5 Days in Los Angeles
- How to Spend 6 Days in Los Angeles
- How to Spend 7 Days in Los Angeles