The Greek Theatre, Los Angeles
About The Greek Theatre, Los Angeles
The Greek Theatre, Los Angeles - Address, Phone Number
Address: 2700 N Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90027, United States
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Added 4.4K times in trip plans
Stage Show, Theatre, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Anybody in the vicinity of Los Angeles has heard of Griffith Park and Griffith Observatory. Griffith Park is almost always crowded with people and is a great place for the mingling of tourists with the locals. Greek Theatre is a part of the Griffith Park and is basically a music venue which hosts some really phenomenal concerts. With a seating capacity of about 5,870 people, the Greek Theatre has, over time, turned into one of the most frequented attractions for music lovers and enthusiasts. If you are into enjoying a crowd that is full of life and energy and also exploring a theatre that adorns one of the best parks in the city, then the Greek Theatre is definitely one a destination you should visit.
The Greek Theatre Information
- Alcohol or any illegal substances are strictly prohibited within the theatre.
- Alcoholic beverages can be purchased by persons of 21years or above with legal identification.
- Only service animals are allowed within the theatre premise.
- Non-commercial photography is allowed within the theatre.
- Videography in any form is prohibited.
- Selfie sticks are not permitted.
- Smoking in the theatre premise is not allowed.
The Greek Theatre Ticket Prices
- Tickets can be purchased online at any time.
- Box office is open on event days as well.
The Greek Theatre Opening and Closing Hours
- For Box Office hours: Open for general public on Saturday: 10am – 4pm
How To reach The Greek Theatre by Public Transport
- Nearby bus station: Vermont Avenue & Commonwealth Canyon Dr.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Los Angeles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Los Angeles and book an accommodation of your choice.
The Greek Theatre, Los Angeles Reviews - Write a Review
The best place to see/hear a concert in LA hands down! Gorgeous idyllic setting. Top-notch performers. Perfect sound. Only 1/3 the size of the Hollywood Bowl at 5800 seats. Food and drinks are decent and not outrageously priced. Parking can be a hassle, but there are creative ways to get around it. Always love to come here. Never ever disappointed.
One of the most unique, cozy venues in the entire city situated in idyllic Griffith Park. Seats less than 6000 people so every seat has a good view of the stage with near perfect acoustics. Parking can be a hassle as it's a half mile one lane street to the entrance with people also going up to the observatory. Advice is to park off-site on the other side of the park near Crystal Springs and take the shuttle. Not much residential parking is available near the venue.
I finally visited The Greek for the first time and had a very nice experience! I was nervous when I drove in because traffic was so bad and I was way up in lot G and just imagined how chaotic getting out would be... But you know what... getting out was really easy! I was very surprised. It was a little wait to get into the venue, but the line moved. There are plenty of places to eat if you'd like. It just seemed very relaxed inside. Not too crazy. The sound was actually really good... MUCH better the The Hollywood Bowl. Additionally, there are NO bad seats (that I could see)! We were toward the very back and "the very back" here is probably half way up at The Bowl... So it feels much smaller than most amphitheater venues. Parking is $25... so that was a hit... but shame on me for not knowing that. Now YOU do! So plan for i or take alternate transport. Driving in I thought I'd never be coming back... but after my experience and ease getting out... I'd definitely come back here!
The venue has been greatly improved. Access is very easy in and out. You don't feel overwhelmed by the crowds anymore. Acoustics are still great. The trip from San Diego is well worth it.
Awesome venue. I just wish that they had opened on time for the Walking Dead premier. By the time we got in, it was too late to visit any of the displays or souvenir booths.
- Nearby Attractions
- Beverly Laurel Hotel
- North Hollywood Swap Meet
- L.a. Live
- Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles - Lax Airport
- Project Club La
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hollywood Walk Of Fame
- Canyon Drive Manor Apartments
- Eoc Of San Luis Obispo
- Lax Terminal #5 Upper Level
- Farmer Market
- Los Angeles Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Los Angeles
- What to See in 48 Hours in Los Angeles
- What to See in 72 Hours in Los Angeles
- How to Spend 5 Days in Los Angeles
- How to Spend 6 Days in Los Angeles
- How to Spend 7 Days in Los Angeles