The J Paul Getty MuseumCurrently Open
- Address: 1200 Getty Center Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90049, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3104407300
- Ticket Price: 9 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Museums, History Museums, Architecture , Arts And Crafts
J. Paul Getty Museum or just The Getty is one of the most famous art museums in California. The museum is located on two campuses called The Getty Center and The Getty Villa in Los Angeles. The main museum is of the J. Paul Getty Center in the Brentwood neighborhood. This museum has a vast collection of artworks from the Middle Ages to the present. While another museum which is located in the Getty Villa in Malibu neighborhood showcases brilliant art pieces from Greece and Italy. The museum witnesses over 2 million visitors every year and has been featured in the New York Times as well. You can purchase the Getty Museum tickets online or at their office.
The Getty Center
The Getty Center is one of the two campuses of the Getty Museum located on 1200 Getty Center Drive in Los Angeles, California. The center has a huge collection of the European and American Art from the medieval period to the present. It also organizes exhibitions on photography, pastel portraits, Renaissance art and more. The 134,000-square-foot central garden is also a point of attraction at the Getty Center.
The Getty Villa
Another campus for the Getty Museum is the Getty Villa which is located on 17985 Pacific Coast Highway, Pacific Palisades in California. Here, one can discover a collection of marvelous ancient art that unfold the cultures of 7000 years from the Stone Age to the decline of Roman empire. The Getty Villa, itself, is a great piece of art and is basically an ancient Roman country house. At every corner of the villa, one can see ancient models and artworks.
The Getty Museum Collection
J. Paul Getty Museum owns a beautiful collection of European art, mostly from Greece, Etruscan, and Rome. This includes various paintings, drawing, manuscripts, sculptures, international photography, and other art forms.
The J Paul Getty Museum Travel Tips
- The only public entrance to the Getty Center is via Getty Center Drive from N. Sepulveda Boulevard – your GPS may mislead you.
Entrance Ticket Details For The J Paul Getty Museum
- Getty museum tickets: Free
- Getty center parking price - USD 15 - USD 10
The J Paul Getty Museum Hours
- Tue - Thus: 10 am – 5:30 pm
- Friday – Saturday: 10 am – 9 pm
- Closed Mondays
- Closed on Thanksgiving Day, December 25, and January 1
How to Reach The J Paul Getty Museum
- You can use the public transportation like Metro bus lines 734 and 234 to stop at the Getty Center.
- The computer-operated The Getty Center Tram can also be good option to catch from the Lower Tram Station (T1). People also come in their own vehicle or taxi.
- There is an accessible parking space near the museum.
- You can park the vehicles only inside the Getty Center parking garage by paying a fee of $15.
- Street Parking is not available.
- La Scala Presto
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Los Angeles before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Los Angeles and book an accommodation of your choice.
56.53% of people who visit Los Angeles include The J Paul Getty Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
35.98% of people start their The J Paul Getty Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see The J Paul Getty Museum
93.64% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The J Paul Getty Museum