Cherokee Park220 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 745 Cochran Hill Rd, Louisville, KY 40206, United States
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Park, Bridge, Family And Kids, Nature
The Cherokee Park was designed by Frederick Law Olmsted and is often mistaken as the National park of Louisville, even though its vast area and highly maintained greens might suggest just that!
The park has its own beautiful bridge, serene green gardens and trees which are loved for its lushness. A common haunt by locals during summers, you will often find joggers meandering through its highlight- A 2.4-mile Scenic Loop with a distinguished lane for vehicular traffic.
The park also hosts regular events while on weekends, families love to have a picnic here.
Cherokee Park Travel Tips
- Carry drinking water and you can have a small picnic if you plan on spending more time here.
- The place is ideal for early morning jogs or if you simply want to be amidst nature without travelling away form the city!
How to Reach Cherokee Park
- Bus: At Cherokee @ Bonnycastle
- By Car
- By Renting a Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Louisville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Louisville and book an accommodation of your choice.
14.51% of people who visit Louisville include Cherokee Park in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
31.03% of people start their Cherokee Park visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Cherokee Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cherokee Park
Cherokee Park Reviews & Ratings
We was wanting some information about the Park, like does it have a pavilion in the picnic area, and a play area. We was wanting to have a Family Picnic July 2019, for about 60-80 family members.Answer Report Abuse
Yes, the park has both a pavilion and a play area.Report Abuse