Events and Festivals in Louisville
- Polar Plunge for Special Olympics: As encouragement to intellectually disabled, special individuals is loved for its sheer sportsmanship and athletic competition. The Olympics events is held in February and is one of the most popular festivals in Louisville.
- St. Patrick’s Parade: The Irish festival is a tribute to St. Patrick – one of the most loved missionaries. The parade is held in March every year and is loved for its colorful vehicles and people who parade down Louisville’s street. Don’t miss the morning Breakfast and Noon mass.
- Kentucky Derby Festival: Held in April every year celebrates the city’s horse-racing tradition with premier entertainment, authentic ethnic food and its highlight- festival fireworks! There is also the Derby Ball, Marathon, Music concerts among other festivities.
- Frankfurt Avenue Easter Parade: A walk along the long stretch of road which connects all the historic sites in Louisville, the parade is a celebration with good foo, boutique shops selling beautiful items and free trolleys which take you through the streets!
- Abbey Road on the River: Held in May every year pays homage to the Beatles and all their wonderful musical achievements. You can buy tickets to the Cruise experiences and the Concert.
- Kentucky Reggae Festival: A complete Caribbean experience with authentic food served with a good dose of some of the best Reggae music worldwide. The festival is held in May.
- Spring fest: See all things that make Louisville, its charming self- from artists and vendors selling fresh art pieces, good food (don’t miss out on Beer Garden and the classic Bourbon) and the Car show (with vintage cars). The fest is held in May. Waterfront Independence Festival: Held in the Waterfront Park, the festivals is a platform for professional musicians and offers a range of activities for children and adults alike. The fireworks are a local favorite. The festival is held in July every year.
- Jane Austen Festival: Offers a rare peak into all things ‘Jane Austen’ with workshops, a Regency Emporium and Afternoon Tea. Held in July annually.
- Fall Antiques market: Held in September, the market is perfect if you are a collector of antiques.
- Light Up Louisville: After celebrating Thanksgiving, the festival is marked by the whole Downtown area light up to shine at its best. Many vendors are seen selling local food and souvenirs.
- Old Louisville Holiday House Tour and Festival: Held n December, the tour consist of a walk through the old neighbourhood houses of Louisville decorated in Grandeur for the season. You can walk into the houses to admire the season’s decoration!
Trip plans for Louisville
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Louisville
Louisville Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Louisville
Save 6%Bootlegger Bourbon Distillery Tour
Duration: 8 Hrs
The Bootlegger is an infamous character from one of Americas most pivotal periods-Prohibition. The act of smuggling alcohol a...
Kentucky Derby Museum General Admission3 Reviews
Get ready to mark this off your bucket-list! Experience Churchill Downs Racetrack, the most well-known racing venue in the wo...Book Now
Derby City's Distillery and Museum Combo Pass2 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs
Enjoy some incredible savings by experiencing our Derby City Combo pass. With this pass you will be able to visit Copper and ...Book Now
Save 4%Kentucky Bourbon Distilleries Tour from LouisvilleNew on TripHobo
Duration: 10 Hrs
This all-inclusive, full-day Kentucky bourbon tour visits three different Kentucky distilleries for an amazing 10-hour bourbo...
- Events & Festivals in Borden
- Events & Festivals in Bardstown
- Events & Festivals in French Lick
- Events & Festivals in Vevay
- Events & Festivals in Owenton
- Events & Festivals in Tell City