How to Reach Louisville - The Easiest Way to Reach Louisville
HOW TO GET TO LOUISVILLE
- By Air: The Louisville International Airport in Kentucky is located around 10 kilometers away from the city and offers direct flights to and from major cities all across America including Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, New York, Detroit, Philadelphia, Las Vegas and Orlando among others. Misleading in its name, the Airport does not offer direct flight to and from outside the United States.
- By Bus: Regular buses are available from Chicago, Indianapolis, Nashville, Chattanooga and Atlanta. Do make sure someone is there to pick you up at the bus Depot during late hours.
- By Car: You can get on the interstate highway if you are traveling from Chicago (take the I 65), Cincinati and Cleveland (take the I- 71) and from Virginia, Richmond, Lexington (take the I64). Following the directions on the interstate highways is the best way to reach Louisville in Kentucky.
HOW TO GET ARROUND LOUISVILLE
- By Bus: If you want to travel around the city (and not its outskirts), do prefer the Bus rides which connect the city’s street from 6.00 am to 10.00 pm. Weekends bus services can extend to late hours but either ways check the schedules of busses displayed at all the major bus stops in the city.
- By Trolleybus: A few places around the city offer old-world Trolleybus rides which are a great experience in themselves.
- By Car: You can rent a car in the city and explore its classic streets leading outwards to other towns. Even though a little bit confusing for tourists, you can ask locals for directions.
- By Renting A Bike: Louisville has an active Biking scene and you will often find many streets which have a Biker’s and a Pedestrian lane. If you don’t mind bicycling, this is a good way to explore the city. The busses are equipped with bike racks, if you want to take a bus ride halfway.
Are you looking for a Louisville travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Louisville
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Louisville. The most preferred mode of transport in Louisville is Car.
Average distance: 23.95 km Average time: 29.5 min
Car 91.67%Driving 25.36 min Overall average time for 24.31 kms 25.36 min
Walking 8.33%Walking 60 min Driving 15 min Overall average time for 20 kms 75 min
How to Reach Louisville from Nearby Cities
|Clarksville to Louisville||0.4 km|
|Jeffersonville to Louisville||2.37 km||2 mins|
|Shepherdsville to Louisville||5.41 km||5 mins|
|North vernon to Louisville||15.82 km||15 mins|
|Prospect to Louisville||15.9 km||15 mins|
|Columbus to Louisville||19.66 km||19 mins|
|Fort knox to Louisville||23.17 km||23 mins|
|Georgetown to Louisville||24.13 km||24 mins|
|Edinburgh to Louisville||24.85 km||24 mins|
|Vine grove to Louisville||24.87 km||24 mins|
- How to reach Lexington
- How to reach Bloomington
- How to reach Cincinnati
- How to reach Indianapolis
- How to reach Morehead
- How to reach Cerulean
- How to reach Cannel City
- How to reach Casstown
- How to reach Kokomo
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Los Angeles
- How to reach New York City
- How to reach Chicago
- How to reach Las Vegas
- How to reach San Francisco