Kentucky Derby Museum
About Kentucky Derby Museum, Louisville
The Kentucky Derby museums offers a 360 derby experience through its permanent and temporary exhibitions, a state-of-the-art audio-visual exhibit, walking tour of the iconic race track and a friendly meeting with the thoroughbred miniature horses which are a treat for animal lovers!
The place also has its own Gift Shop and offers easy access to the Kentucky Fare too!
For everyone who wants to see why Kentucky Derby is like no other derby around the globe, a visit here is an absolute must!
Kentucky Derby Museum Tickets Prices
- Adults (15-59 years): USD15
- Senior Citizens (60+ years): USD14
- Children (5-14 years): USD7
- Children (Under 5 years): FREE
How To Get To Kentucky Derby Museum by Public Transport
- Bus: At 5th @ Central
- By Car
- By Renting a Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Louisville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Louisville and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Churchill Downs 704 Central Ave Louisville, KY 40208, United States
Ticket Price: 15 USD
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 3.7K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Kentucky Derby Museum Tickets And Tours
Be mesmerized by the incredible world of fiber art with this Admission Pass to the National Quilt Museum. Explore fascinating exhibits of quilts and fiber art, ranging from Art Quilts of the Midwest to Miniature Quilts and everything in between. Fall in love with the patterns, imagery, and intricacy of these works of art in the National Quilt Museum.
Share your experience - Rate Kentucky Derby Museum, Louisville
The museum is a very fun place to visit, even if you aren't in to horse racing. The tour takes you down into the stands right next to the track. If you come during race season there will most likely be horses training on the track which was fun to see. The tour provides a lot of information, but bring your questions, our guide had gave some info, then answered questions the rest of the time. There a couple of resident horses you get to see at the end of the tour. The museum has a lot of history, fun hats and outfits from the Derby. There is an exhibit simulates the horse racing for up to 3 people, I found quite fun. They have a 360 4K movie that is very cool to watch, sit in the center. It doesn't have a lot to offer young children (7 & under), they may get bored.
I attended a fund raising event for Ovarian Awareness of Ky which was held at the Museum. It was a perfect venue for the event. It was wonderful to roam leisurely through the museum after hours and savor much of Derby through wonderful video exhibits and graphic work. Wonderful place for a special event.
Beautiful place. Tons of history. Great food. Great service
I enjoyed the tour when I went with my niece and we got to see a horse at the end which was neat for her, I think it was the first horse she'd seen. The museum was neat but not something I'd revisit after going once. There are a couple interactive things but they were for older kids than my niece so we didn't really do them. Other than that there are some neat displays of silks and hats. There's a whole wall of derby shot glasses. It's probably just me but I saw enough just going once. I would like to have had a chance to see the movie in the museum but our tour time was starting and after the tour it was time for her nap. I recommend to all horse and race lovers!
Extensive exhibits (one hour was *not* enough time) and the 360-degree video "The Greatest Race" was pretty neat. The Historic Walking tour was also good, although apparently Churchill Downs is a separate entity and does not allow museum tours to enter the infield, the Clubhouse, etc.
- Other Attractions
- El San Juan Casino
- Pine Grove Beach
- Carolina Beach
- Hacienda Campo Rico
- Caribbean Outfitters
- Club Brava
- Museo Del Nino
- 15 Knots Kiteboarding School
- Mist Club Lounge
- Unique Outdoor Experience
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Luxury Hotels Near El San Juan Casino
- Luxury Hotels Near Pine Grove Beach
- Hotels Near Carolina Beach
- Luxury Hotels Near Hacienda Campo Rico
- Budget Hotels Near Caribbean Outfitters
- Hotels Near Club Brava
- Cheap Hotels Near Museo Del Nino
- Luxury Hotels Near 15 Knots Kiteboarding School
- Cheap Hotels Near Mist Club Lounge
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Unique Outdoor Experience
- City Tripplans
- Trip to Las Vegas, Washington D. C., New York City, Louisville
- Trip to Las Vegas, Washington D. C., Louisville, Grand Canyon National Park
- Trip to Miami, Atlanta, Dallas, Orlando, Jacksonville, Louisville, West Lafayette
- Trip to The Woodhouse Day Spa - Columbus, OH, Buffalo, Cleveland, Louisville, Knoxville, Claremont
- Trip to Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Chicago, Louisville
- Trip to Louisville
- 3 Day Trip to Louisville, Lexington from Cincinnati
- Trip to Louisville
- Trip to Louisville
- Trip to Indianapolis, Louisville, Bowling Green