Louisville Zoo, Louisville
About Louisville Zoo, Louisville
Louisville Zoo, Louisville - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1100 Trevilian Way, Louisville, KY 40213, United States
Ticket Price: 10 USD
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 3.8K times in trip plans
Zoo, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
A moderate sized Zoo, the Louisville City loves the place for its wide variety of animals taken care in its premises. The children are kept entertained with educational tours and interactive yet safe enclosures to see the animals up close.
- Animals like Antelopes, Bears, Camel, Armadillo among others.
- Birds including Dove Variety, Cranes and other colorful birds.
- Reptiles including Anacondas and Alligators.
The place is perfect for animal lovers or if you are visiting with children.
Louisville Zoo Information
- You cannot be intoxicated while visiting the Zoo and Children are recommended to be with an adult at all times.
- For more safety tips at the Zoo, visits the official website.
Louisville Zoo Ticket Prices
November to February:
- Adults (12–59 years)- USD 9.95
- Children (3–11 years)- USD 6.95
- Senior (60+ years)- USD 6.95
March to June:
- Adults (12–59 years)- USD 16.25
- Children (3–11 years)- USD 11.75
- Senior (60+ years)- USD 11.75
Safari Ticket from Spring to October:
- Adults (12–59 years) – USD 21.95
- Children (3–11 years) – USD 18.95
- Senior (60+ years) – USD 18.95
For more prices visit the official website.
Louisville Zoo Opening and Closing Hours
- June and July “Twilight Hours”: Thursday, Friday and Saturday: Enter Zoo from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm (You must exit Zoo by 8 pm
- For more timings visits the official website.
How To reach Louisville Zoo by Public Transport
- Bus: At Louisville Zoo
- By Car
- By Renting a Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Louisville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Louisville and book an accommodation of your choice.
Louisville Zoo, Louisville Reviews - Write a Review
Overall not a bad Zoo I rated it 4 stars because the animals that were there were very active in seemed to be very visible and interesting to look at. I would have probably given it 5 stars but many animals were not where they should be because they were doing maintenance and there are a lot of closed exhibits. The hardest part about this zoo is really understanding the flow and how to go around it. Even with a map it's kind of hard to understand which path will take you to where you want to go, and buildings that look closed we're actually exhibits that were open. They just need to have better signage for their guests.
Whether you are young or old or anywhere in between this zoo offers plenty for all to enjoy. I always bring my camera because you never know what the animals are going to do in front of you. They offer movie nights during the summer months that all can enjoy. Membership is a great way to enjoy the zoo all throughout the year.
Fun place to go with a family or friends. The exihabits are well kept and all animals are usually on display. They have a neat splash pad for the kids and you can bring in your own food to have a picnic. Just beware they do have wild geese that are not afraid of you and will come close if you have food out around them.
In the month of October every Thursday-Sunday they will have a Halloween party for the kids! From 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm.Any age will have a great time!!! Brings out the inner child In us! The cost will be $5 parking, $10 for any age admission and they will have special walk throughs for an additional $1 or $2 but not obligated. The train ride is $5 ! Super worth it all! During the Halloween walk your child will be able to "trick o treat" and take pictures with different story tale characters!!! We loved it!!!
It's a nice zoo. Many animals were not on exhibit. If it's due to climate, that is understandable and I would even be upset if they did not follow that. But I am not so sure given some of the animals. Clean restrooms. Beverages were not too overpriced given that it was a zoo. Parking was good.
- Nearby Attractions
- Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse
- Farmington Historic Home
- Water Works Museum
- Joe Ley Antiques
- Riverside Farnsley-Moremen Landing
- Central Park
- Papa John's Cardinal Stadium
- Whitehall House And Gardens
- The Crazy Daisy Antique Mall
- Cathedral Of The Assumption
- Louisville Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Louisville
- What to See in 48 Hours in Louisville
- What to See in 72 Hours in Louisville
- How to Spend 5 Days in Louisville
- How to Spend 6 Days in Louisville
- How to Spend 7 Days in Louisville